MANY PBS STATIONS WON'T SHOW KNOCKING !

by DannyHaszard 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

SOME PBS STATIONS WON'T SHOW KNOCKING Even though KNOCKING is scheduled for a national PBS broadcast on May
    22, 2007
    , as many as one-quarter of local PBS stations will not show
    KNOCKING.
    Local stations are allowed to replace the national PBS schedule with
    their
    own programming. If you DON'T want to see KNOCKING on your local station, you
    must : Contact your local programming director to make sure he does cancel
    KNOCKING. To learn why some PBS stations won't show KNOCKING and to
    ensure
    that your local station will, visit this link:
    http://www.knocking.org/PBS_Station_List.html

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/123713/1.ashx newest knocking thread Nov 8 2006 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/107698/7.ashx original ongoing JWD knocking thread dvd_cover_800.jpg

Knocking Documentary Project - DVD orders

A written 48-page study and discussion guide comes with each DVD. It provides in-depth historical and social analysis. Extra copies can be downloaded from ...
    www.knocking.org/dvd_orders.lasso - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

The Knocking "documentary" IS A WATCHTOWER CULT PROPAGANDA PUFF PIECE FROM THE GET GO Excerpt from the Knocking website--"..This
    will include the longer film festival version, plus 3 hours of extra
    video
    material and a 48-page printed study guide. More details to come." IT COMES WITH A "48 PAGE STUDY GUIDE" This has Watchtower authorship and production all over it.

• Gill
    Gill

Danny - I think that the PBS 'Knocking' programme should be shown.

I've just watched the excerpts on YouTube and to be honest it does appear to be just propaganda.

HOWEVER, publicity is essential to make the WTBTS and JWs a talking point.

Once their opinion is given, normal everyday, nonbrainwashed people tend to ask for the opposing oppinion and that's when the dirty linen of the WTBTS can be aired in publice and possibly get even more air time than the original sanitised view of JWs.

JWs are NOT an issue with people at the moment. People in general to not give two hoots about the silly cult. BUT, if their attention can be diverted to the WTBTS and a spotlight shone on the bOrg, the cracks may well appear when rational people ask for the opposing view.

To me, I think it is a risk worth taking.

Let's put the WTBTS under the spotlight and make its faults and cracks become apparant.

Let them make the first move and then those that oppose the lies of the WTBTS can jump in to fill in all the gaps.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Danny - I think that the PBS 'Knocking' programme should be shown.

I've just watched the excerpts on YouTube and to be honest it does appear to be just propaganda.

HOWEVER, publicity is essential to make the WTBTS and JWs a talking point.

Once their opinion is given, normal everyday, nonbrainwashed people tend to ask for the opposing oppinion and that's when the dirty linen of the WTBTS can be aired in publice and possibly get even more air time than the original sanitised view of JWs.

JWs are NOT an issue with people at the moment. People in general to not give two hoots about the silly cult. BUT, if their attention can be diverted to the WTBTS and a spotlight shone on the bOrg, the cracks may well appear when rational people ask for the opposing view.

To me, I think it is a risk worth taking.

Let's put the WTBTS under the spotlight and make its faults and cracks become apparant.

Let them make the first move and then those that oppose the lies of the WTBTS can jump in to fill in all the gaps.

Well said mate

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I agree, freedom of speech cuts both ways.

It may also do a couple of things, it may open the field for criticism - bringing them back on the radar, and also expose the many half truths they tell to bamboozle people.

• 5go
    5go

fundalmentelism and freedom meeting at the door and kill each other. That's what the tagline should be.

Yah I agree let the public see this it will cause them to look into them and of course find this place where we can tell them the truth about the truth. In fact that they call themselves the truth should turn people off.

I think the fact they use martyrs in one of taglines should tell people what they are.

Martyrs flew planes on 911 as well just not the type we think are good for civilation.

Funny they say their not racist I know a black kingdomhall that would disagree.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Well, I guess the apostates/ opposers better get cracking to PROVIDE that view of the opposing side, once 'KNOCKING' does air. Too many people go the other way and think, "Oh, this group has been publicly maligned. Poor group!" [I know, because I was one of those woefully under-informed people.] Does anyone have means/ wherewithal to produce such a video rebuttal?

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Well, I guess the apostates/ opposers better get cracking to PROVIDE that view of the opposing side, once 'KNOCKING' does air.

We already provide that view - here and on other websites.

Certain people may be fooled into thinking the JW's are misunderstood, beneficial to society, whatever. Yet the resources are there (in areas where this video is being broadcast) for people to learn about the background and dysfunctionality of the WT Society and local Kingdom Halls. The internet is neutralizing the message of JW's, because people can easily Google "Watchtower" or "Jehovah's Witnesses" or even "Jehovah Witnesses" and find out the real deal.

• Bodhisattva1320
    Bodhisattva1320

thanks for the informative thread- i just used the 'Knocking' web site to find my local PBS channel's email to request they NOT PLAY CULT PROPOGANDA!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

The only problem is, Internet is also very limited in some respects: Too many don't have easy access to Internet, or Internet access at all, but they may have public television (which is piped in for free). I was one of those who lived without Internet access for most of my JW years and most of my single years since.

Not until I went to school again (and had to learn computer alongside my subjects) did I get access, and then really only for school. I only got it in my home about a month or so ago, and may not afford to keep it up once I move in a few weeks.

Public TV and other FREE mediums are essential forums for the apostate view to reach as many people as well. After all, the WT uses resources (mags, etc.) that are FREE for the public to obtain. Too many don't get the apostate message because Internet is the most used medium by them (as far as I know).

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

KNOCKING is scheduled for a national PBS broadcast on May
    22, 2007

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit