So little knowledge

by grissom6471 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Am I the only person here that sees the gimmick?

This is a non-argument blown into an argument.

We aren't dealing with information or fact, but; rather with the presentation of a context and nothing more.

The Nazi's were "only following orders" when the Jews died and Europe sank into hell. The Watchtower printing company is "only filling orders" for magazines and books.

The test of a prophet is that what is predicted actually happens. The record of both the product of the printing machines and the product of the minds which govern the Society itself is clear: the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society produces false prophecy and always has.

What else is there to discuss of any importance after that???

• puck
    puck

I have no problem with that. So neither
    should anyone else.

how can anyone argue with that logic? and i really mean that -- you can't argue (or discuss) because if it doesn't apply/affect/mean anything to grissom, it doesn't mean anything at all.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Terry,

I understand your point. In a perfectly rational world your point would make perfectly rational sense. That is not the kind of world we live in, however.

In the world we live in a great many people put a great deal of confidence in things they believe the Bible teaches, whether or not the Bible actually teaches them. As an example, "When the end comes you will not know the changing of the seasons."

What this tells us is that people who put trust in the Watchtower Society/Governing Body often do so believing that (a) the Bible is the word of God, (b) it contains instructions for humans, and (c) that the Faithful and Discreet Slave class (nom de plume for the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses) is accurately teaching them what the Bible teaches.

It may be that ideally none of that would matter. Perhaps none of it should matter. However, the fact is that it does matter whether the Governing Body is teaching people what the Bible teaches. This matters whether or not what the Bible teaches is something that should be regarded as meritorious by anyone.

That is the basis on which Grissom launched his ill-advised thread. He claims the beliefs are Scriptural. He is wrong. It matters to prove him wrong because an awful lot of people follow the organization solely because they believe the same thing Grissom believes.

If he doesn't care about prophecy, false or otherwise, discussing it would be moot. If he cares about doctrines and practices, discussing it might be fruitful.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I believe that the person who caused the ill-formatting on this thread should be removed from their position as Magazine Attendant and be put back on handling microphones until they prove that they are able to act responsibly.

HS

• Terry
    Terry
    In a perfectly rational world your point would make perfectly rational sense.

The world is neither rational nor irrational, but; people are.

We have had a bit of bait dangled in front of us and it was seized with enthusiasm.

The basis of Grissom's world view is "what the bible says".

Okay. The bible gives us a way to identify the False Prophet. We use Grissom's world view

and demolish the Watchtower Society, its ethos and its printing press all at the same time.

Hence, the context of his initial statement is undermined.

That was my only point.

Thanks for your viewpoint though. I understand what you are saying.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Where do we get our software from? Microsoft? Are we Microsoftites?

The Watchtower Society is a printing company, nothing more.

The beliefs are from the Bible.

What difference does it make where the outlines and materials come from,
    evaluate the material on its own. That is what I do.

OMG, if that's the best you can come up with, you're gonna be eaten alive here on this board. Microsoft will not take away our computers or turn off our internet access if we openly state to our friends that we believe open source software is better. Microsoft will not tell us that we cannot upgrade to Vista unless we get rid of Firefox, eliminate dual booting with Linux, or any other hairbrained idea.

C'mon man! THink!

• Terry
    Terry

I believe that the person who caused the ill-formatting on this thread should be removed from their position as Magazine Attendant and be put back on handling microphones until they prove that they are able to act responsibly.

HS

Oh, I just thought we'd switched to C I N E M A S C O P E

and I was waiting for surround sound and High Definition to follow!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

<*poof!*>

Did you see? Grissom disappeared! Why won't JWs answer these questions Scripturally?

(as if I didn't know)

• jinjam
    jinjam

Incase monsieur Grissom you would like to know who wrote your lovely bible!
    have a look it won't hurt...

http://www.premier1.net/~raines/greber.html

• willyloman
    willyloman

Grissom is like the guy on the other team who drops the ball every time it's thrown to him. A guy like that, you don't criticize! You just pray they don't bench him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit