Talk by brother Herd (long)

by moomanchu 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

-The more they talk, the more I know I made the right decision.

So - keep talking, nutters!

Doing me a favor.

However - had I been 'in' still, I would probably have thought this was the greatest talk ever;
    the more horrific in detail and urgency, the more I would feel 'elevated', and 'lift my head',
    'cause the end was near. So - I guess you have to view it from the outside to appreciate the absurdity of it all.

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

To any "interested ones" that are looking at this website:

Make sure to read this talk. It does an excellent job of explaining the salvation through works theology of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Are you ready for the finish line? Brother Herd, 2005 ...In other words, Jehovah God is going to cause some sort of madness, some kind of crazed madness to come over the world powers in the near future...

Quick... everyone mark your calendar... the end must be coming in 2006!!!!

B the X

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

It is frightening to contemplate how millions of people are giving their lock-step allegiance to delusional men such as this. It would almost be humorous if it were not for the fact that these men are crafting policies and dictates which profoundly affect the lives of millions.

What is most notable in talks such as these, is the elaborate and fantastical speculations that these men put forth. Jehovah's Witnesses do not view such grandiose immaginings as speculative, but view them as authoritative - from God himself. All of this does nothing to truly build people up spiritually, but only feeds into their illusory organizational superiority; and their world of make believe. All of this does little more than to add to the disappointments already experienced by people who have been duped too many times.

A "Slave" that was truly "Faithful and Discreet" would have certainly shown a responsible restraint throughout the years by keeping their lips in check. This is one slave that just does not get it. One would think that the embarassments of the past would move them to show a little more humility and shrewdness.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It's easy to exhort others to spend all their money on Kingdom Werk - when you have all your financial needs cared for.

• Mary
    Mary

Below is the email I sent to the Professor I know who teaches on new age cults as well as his response. Unsurprisingly, this talk is nothing new amongst nutters like the WTS:

Hi Jeff:
    >
    > Given your area of specialty about cults, I thought you might find
    > this rather interesting to listen to. It's a talk given by one of
    > the Governing Body members of Jehovah's Witnesses, Samuel Herd (the
    > Governing Body members are the Witness equivalent of the Pope).
    > It's almost 10 minutes long but it gives you a really good insight
    > as to how the top guys keep mental control of 6.5 million people.
    > This particular talk is yet another attempt at them trying to whip
    > the rank and file into a frenzied fear of Armageddon (which of
    > course is imminent). When you get to 8:50 of the audio, the speaker
    > says that people on the street are going to basically beat the holy
    > hell out of "college professors"----gosh! I guess that includes
    > university profs too!! :-D

His response:

Thanks for the link Mary. It is interesting, but pretty typical stuff
    -- especially in terms of a lecture about Revelation. This same kind
    of talk has been given thousands of times for centuries by all kinds
    of Christians and would be pretty typical for most fundamentalist
    churches today as well.

Best,

Jeff

(however did they manage to recruit someone like you in the first place?)

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and was adorned with gold and precious stone and pearls and had in her hand a golden cup that was full of disgusting things and the unclean things of her fornication.

5 And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery: “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.”

6 And I saw that the woman could not even pick up money with her bare hands because her fingernails were so frickin' long.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

First, I'm shocked Herd went to school. So much ignorance in the WT. And yes, stupid threats that sound the same as 100 years ago.

Grissom: If you are sincere, people try to help. But we love to cut up wise-asses who have IQ's of 40 and below. If you are a JW, you don't belong here. Isn't it against your rules to visit these sites? I'm glad you are reading the material, it might help you leave that cult forever. But if you are here to spout WT bullshit, we've all heard it. That's one reason we left. No current JW has ever posted here while trying to be superior and gotten away with it. And none ever will. I for one don't want to see truly sincere JW's and others reading these comments to listen to any more of your bullshit than they have to. They get enough at the meetings. At least here they should be able to hear the real "truth". Why don't you give me your P.O.'s phone number and his name and also give me yours. I'd love to see you meeting with the elders.

I'm sure if any JW saw green paper money flying around in the street, they'd run over and try to get all they could. Then it's off to Dunkin' Donuts.

• Pachemu Nyet
    Pachemu Nyet

Herd’s talk (like most doomsday lectures from the WTBTS) has the tone of the Reverend Wright, Barak Obama’s former pastor. Full of hate.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Is the whole talk available in audio format?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit