witnoids just came to my door! woo hoo!!!

by tetrapod.sapien 34 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Goodonya, T.S

The key thing is to make them recognize what they don't know, if possible; arouse their curiosity about what they may be ignorant of. Whether or not you actually believe in God and creation your lines of reasoning at least point up that it is impossible for them to prove you should believe in God and creation. They could be adapted to be equally useful for any believer, as well.

When they appeal to the authority of an undefined and nebulous "many" I always picture the world's Islamists in one large group, the world's Buddhists in another, and the world's professed Christians in another ... then I picture Jehovah's Witnesses in the tiny little fly-speck they occupy and have a good laugh at how much they really credit the opinions of the "many".

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey! thanks everyone for your replies and kind words! it means a lot to me to be part of this jwd community.

i hope the particular sister i spoke with mostly comes back, even with her husband or an elder. she was DF'd once, and maybe it was a seed i planted.

of course, there is a very good chance that nothing will come of it too. but whatevs! it was a good time.

some of you asked how i stayed so calm. and the answer is simple, i just had to keep reminding myself that i actually was on solid ground, that i had lots of experience in these sorts of discussions already here on jwd, and i also had the moral upperhand, imho. it was strange, but there was a certain feeling of compassion that came of it. i was not afraid of any "surprise" argument they may spring on me, because frankly i have heard them all before. plus my debating partners here on jwd are much more worthy opponents than any JW could be. after all, i used to be a pioneer! no prob!

Maybe they will bust out Dave Premiere as their intelligent design expert for next visit.. (LOL!)

ROFLMAO!!! ha ha ha!! oh GBL man, too funny. i don't think dave will come near me at all. i see him downtown all the time, and he avoids me like i was a leper, LOL!! that said, i would love to get into it with him someday. there are several elders from my past that i would like to "converse" with actually, ha ha!!

SirNose,

hey man, you would be surprised the things you can learn on talkorigins.org if you are just getting into understandinig this whole evolution vs creation issue, that is a great place to start. and in true scientific class they even provide the link to their debating opponent's web site. but here is the link you were looking for, sources and all:

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA111.html

and another one on the suspicious credentials of some well know "creation scientists":

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/credentials.html

peace,

tetra

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

that was a seriously great read. LMAO!

isn't it kind of weird that a bunch of people (ahem - all us jwd'ers) are giggling like school girls over your slammin' conversation with a bunch of witnoids?! he he he

seriously though - isn't it crazy how just talking to them brings that rush of triggers back? I've had to have a conversation with my witnoid grandma recently and I was literally shaking and sick when I hung with her. it was interesting to watch my reaction to that....

• luna2
    luna2

What a hoot! Nice job, tetra. Love the write up. My giggle for the day. I hope they do come back.

• Kudra
    Kudra

"...I think you guys call it disfellowshipping"

ha ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit