A Letter to the Governing Body

by truthsetsonefree 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

TSOF: Excellent letter, well written. Especially about neglecting family, elders' lack of psychology degrees/training, and the anointed being left out of the loop.

I stepped down in the 80's and then in the 90's for good. I was a MS but used as an elder due to not enough men. They were grooming me for CO, I was told. Then I had child(ren) and that was not in their agenda.

Someone at Bethel will read it and perhaps tell a few others. You never know.

But please keep in mind one thing. Many, if not most, JW's who leave have done at least some Internet research. The fact that an elder with your intelligence, background, and sincerity has resigned will reach some hearts. Your letter is NOT hateful or poorly written. It shows compassion, mental clarity, and highlights many important weaknesses with the WT. This will NOT go unnoticed by many.

I wish you well and hope your health will be good. (And your family's, of course.)

Within ten days, I will try to contact you. I may be able to help you with contacts. Many local religious columnists in the newspapers love this type of thing. I already have corresponded with someone in New England concerning the child abuse lies coming out of Bethel. They were very grateful to hear the "real" truth after I cleared things up. Bethel had told her that when a pedophile was DF'd, the entire congregation was told who and why. I almost had a stroke. So you can see that the media is being misled and will welcome the truth.

My best to you. M.A.N. from Silent Lambs

• codeblue
    codeblue

Great Letter!

Thanks for sharing.......the more I read about elders and their knowledge further reminds me about my decision that this religion was NEVER spirit or Jehovah appointed.

The fact that MANY know the workings of this so called religion/or book publishing company...shows me it never had any truth(tm) whatso-ever.

I think Jesus would have ran the WTBS just like he did the money changers in his father's temple.

Codeblue

• Vinny
    Vinny

Nice letter. Very well written. I particularly appreciated this point:

(Luke 21:7-8) "7 Then they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, when will these things actually be, and what will be the sign when these things are destined to occur?” 8 He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them." Your currently available publications do not even address this Scripture. It would appear to be urging alert Christians not to follow men who proclaim the "end" being near. Or do you consider yourselves exempt because you are "God’s Channel?" Then where is the independent proof, where is THE EVIDENCE that you are above this Scriptural standard?

***I doubt though that it will make any difference or even be read by anybody upstairs, that could make a difference in certain policies. Perhaps if you addressed it specifically to one of the GB members. I've considered doing that with my own DA letter, since I have met and worked with a couple of them a couple of years ago. We also make unique souvenirs and gave them several freebies to pass out at Bethel, so they would remember me especially if I sent more of the same with that letter. But aside from some kind of personal relationship with a GB member, it will unlikely ever make it up that far.

What you CAN do however is share it in as many places as possible, just as you did here. Lurkers, fence sitters along with friends and relatives of some who've already left will get to read it. I personally have had dozens of people contact me since posting mine on this an another site. In fact I'd suggest you also post there too. Go here:

http://p196.ezboard.com/fexjehovahswitnessforumfrm14

It will stay up on that website much longer. Mine is still read often, a full year later and I still get comments or e-mails from people asking questions as recently as this month.

Here is my own DA letter turned in back in Feb 2006:

http://p196.ezboard.com/Letter-of-disassociation/fexjehovahswitnessforumfrm14.showMessage?topicID=237.topic

Different issues but similar in tone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0914675044/104-9391991-2543967?v=glance&n=283155

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0914675168/104-9391991-2543967?v=glance&n=283155

He was on the Governing Body for nine years and left altogether, due to conscientious reasons as many of us have done, and as it sounds you are about to do. His insight is unparalleled from my experience.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks again for taking the time to share your letter on this board.

All the best, Vinny

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Thanks for the support. For what its worth, it was posted here. Pass it around. Witnesses are sending that silly Mt 24:14 recording around. Why not something more substantive? Let the Service feel the need to print some warning about chain letters from apostates. More publicity. Send Randy's around too. And I will be sending this to the media. BTW-If anyone has Steve Bates email or number, can you PM it to me?

tsof

• bud2114
    bud2114

As a former elder (resigned 9/2005) but nevertheless one who has remained active, I found this letter to be well written and quite thought provoking. I'm glad I am not the only one that has come to realize that the WT Society's demands on it's adherents but especially "those taking the lead" is totally unrealistic in these modern times. It is shameful how the GB, while in their protective bubble at Headquarters, has managed to effectively place great loads on the members of God's organization much like the wicked Pharisees of Jesus day. While I do hope this letter reaches those responsible for the Society's flawed policies and teachings, I doubt it will make past the screeners. Rest assured an investigation as to the source of the letter will be launched.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

WELCOME Bud2114!

We are glad to have you here! Look forward to more of your posts!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear truthsetsonefree,

Thank you for sharing that letter!! It was EXCELLENT!! I will be saving it for sure. One idea is to place it in the yard sale section of the want ads of your local news paper. I am sure plenty will see it, and you may reach many JWs who stumble across it. Can you imagine..a car group of sisters..looking for any yard sales in their local paper..you know..those that do a few doors on Friday and then hit a few yard sales in the area?? As they are looking through the ads..low and behold what is this?? As she begins to read it to the entire car group. Someone may object and call it apostate, so the paper is tucked away into her bag. After service is over, all in the car group beeline over to the local grocery store to get their own copy of the newspaper to read in private what the rest of the ad (your letter) had to say.

Now wouldn't that stir things up a bit??

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Truthsetonefree,

Very thought provoking. Is it alright to post it on topix.net where Jehovah's Witnesses apologists and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses debate?

• dark angle
    dark angle

TSOFT & DOGPATCH, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT EYEOPENING LETTERS AND THE SINCERITY OF YOUR CONCERN, IM GOING TO PRINT YOUR LETTERS AND WILL DISCUSS THIS WITH THE ELDERS IN MY CONGREGATION. I HOPE, IN MY OWN LITTLE WAY, THIS COULD OPEN THE VEILS OF SOME JW HERE. I HOPE WE COULD ALWAYS HAVE THIS KIND OF LETTERS HERE IN THIS SITE.

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

"Below is a draft of my elder resignation letter that is going out to the Service Department. " What a stupid thing to print. What does the governing body or the service dept. have to do with your lack of faith? Your lack of faith is from you and only you. The governing body only oversee the worldwide congregation, not the individual congregations or publishers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit