Circuit Overseer Complains Of Recieving HATE MAIL!

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The CO visited my mom this week with 2 elders and told her that she must continue forgiving persons that might hurt her. He then went on to explain that he gets "hate mail" from various Witnesses when he leaves their congregations. He chalks it up to their being discouraged but admitted it does bother him......Have you ever heard of such a thing??

• Do you Mr. Jones?
    Do you Mr. Jones?

he gets "hate mail"

Was he talking about his Watchtower subscription?

DYMJ

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

We used to always give him some mail when he left, but it usually contained a check!

Outaservice

• kid-A
    kid-A

"HATE MALE" or "HATE FEMALE" ???? LOL.....

• undercover
    undercover

He receives hate male, huh? Does that mean he picks up angry men?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They get letters explaining why people left and they consider it hate mail since they won't read past the first sentence, "Dear Brother OS, I wanted to tell you why I have chosen to leave the organization and no longer consider myself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses." After that, their eyes glaze over and they assume things. Either THAT, or this guy is a major ass and gets hate mail because he is just a jerk.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I hope who ever sent him hate mail did so anonymously, because we know what happens to such persons if they didn't they get DF'd.

• blondie
    blondie

Do they sign their name or identify themselves? Some COs have earned their hate mail. I wonder what he characterizes as hate mail?

• Warlock
    Warlock
    He receives hate male, huh? Does that mean he picks up angry men?

LOL!

Warlock

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Blondie,

I wonder what he characterizes as hate mail?

Disagreement with his cruelty in handling matters, telling him where he was just plain arbitrary and not loving. Showing him where he treated the friends in a callous manner not listening to reason. I think those might be the things that a CO might consider hate mail, and a blow to his ego.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit