JW'S AND GOSSIP...MY GOD!

by airwlk149 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I understand your gripe; however, it has nothing to do with being a JW or not but rather with the imperfect condition of us all as humans.

Unless you're no longer committed to staying a JW in good standing, close ties with non-believers is a big "no-no".

DY

• blondie
    blondie

But jws have developed into a fine art...............

• Chalam
    Chalam

1 Timothy 5:13 (New International Version)

13 Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to.

Romans 1:29 (New International Version)

29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,

Blessings, Stephen

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Here's the difference between JW gossip and "worldly" gossip.

JWs justify their gossip as something righteous and good, for the spiritual protection of the congregation, and the source of the rumors is usually praiseworthy and popular as a righteous protector of theocratic interests. In "the world" gossips are generally despised as untrustworthy, because gossip is hurtful and goes directly against scripture.

By their fruits you will know them.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No, no "fine art" just for JWs. Gossip happens all over, but it's more noticeable for us in the case of JWs because it's the community we interact with the most; it's also the group of people we love to complaint about the most.

The non-believers I work with are the gossipiest group, and horrible/malignant gossip at that, I've ever interacted with; sure put my JW peers to shame when it comes to gossip!

The meetings/assemblies help a bit in curtailing that common human tendency, though. Provided we practice what's taught there, of course.

DY

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The non-believers I work with are the gossipiest group, and horrible/malignant gossip at that, I've ever interacted with; sure put my JW peers to shame when it comes to gossip!

And here you prove my point. The non-believers who gossip are described as "horrible/malignant." JWs who gossip are praised and thanked for it. They are told to do it (while at the same time being told not to ) for the sake of keeping the congregation clean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit