"My Christian Quest", by Ron Frye -----I just finished reading. GOOD!!!

by garybuss 32 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks, Gary.

Any book refferred by you is okay with me. I am definitely ordering it.

I wonder if Christian book stores might stock this book? I'll check my local one today, and if it's there, I'll get it, and let you know if it can be bought at these types of stores.

Hubert

• hubert
    hubert

The Christian book store near me doesn't stock this book.

So, I will send in my check tomorrow for two copies, also, to the address you gave, Gary.

Thanks again.

Hubert

• garybuss
    garybuss

Let us know what ya think.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The book also includes as an appendix, Ron's thesis titled, The Faithful and Discreet Slave, written in 1981. Ray Franz lists Ron Frye 6 times in his 1991 edition of "In Search of Christian Freedom" that contains a chapter by the same name as the thesis.

I had noticed (from various quotes in Ray Franz's book) that Ron Frye makes some excellent observations as to the Faithful and Discreet Slave doctrine.

If anyone is interested in downloading Ron Frye's thesis on the Faithful Slave, you can find it at this website: http://brci.org

Thanks for this info Gary!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks Arthur, The BRCI web site article must be an abstract version, because it's only 4 pages long and the original thesis is 21 pages. Ron says the thesis in his new book has material added to the original thesis to make it more understandable to people not familiar with the history or theology of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I heard from Ron today. Here's a part of what he wrote:

Incidently, I have raised the price of the book to $12.50 mailed in the U.S. (includes packaging and postage) I am asking $15.00 for books mailed to Canada, Europe and UK.

Mavis and I are well and we hope you and your wife are okay. Thanks again, for your encouraging words.

Ron

***********The web site "Beacon Light For Former Jehovah's Witnesses" had additional comments about the book and ordering information for the book and more of Ron's work.

http://www.xjw.com/

• Paisley
    Paisley

Reads like a mystery, does it Gary? Well that sounds great! I will get the book and read it. Thanks.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Ron writes in an easy to read conversational style and there's a couple surprises in the book.

You people who are looking for information to learn to help active Witnesses need to read (no . . . study) the appendix of this book with the updates. It's worth having the book to have the appendix. It's worth buying anything that will help both us and Ron and Mavis Frye. These are really good people!

• mouthy
    mouthy

I sent my money off last week,I understand he mentions Marylin & George Zweiful in it that man the 1-800-Why -1914 line.

Have met him on numerous occasion.

• Paisley
    Paisley

I wish I could just order it online with a cc. How spoiled I've become!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit