Someone went through my trash again and again!

by averyniceguy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

If you think it is serious enough, here is what I have done.

buy a simple electric fencer and wind a small amount of wire or metal fencing around the container if it is plastic or non conductive and make sure it does not touch the ground.

Plug the fencer into a 120 volt outlet and fasten its delivery wire to the wire on the garbage container. If the container is metal you have to arrange for the wire to be not touching the container or ground.

A plastic container is much easier to wire.

The fencer sends a high voltage non lethal pulse on a regular basis. Any animal including humans will not touch it more than once or twice. If you really want to jolt the animal, put a piece of bacon on the wire and tie it in place. They will try a few times to get it and then never again. To give a better jolt, water the ground around the container,

Out ouch of the ouch org

None of this will injure the animal or human. If done correctly .

• blondie
    blondie

Can the raccoons get in your trash....................

I know people who build crates with a lock (garbage man has key) on it to keep the little buggers out.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Personaly, I would have a grand 'ole night of beer and pickled eggs, and then drop a lava hamster in the bag before you bin it. If it is someone looking for the goods on you, I hope they are wearing gloves and a mask.

Don't forget to shake it up a bit before it hits the bin......

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Put a bear trap in it.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Just an idea.

Put a portable motion sensor alarm near , on or in the bin. Maybe even taped to the underneath of the lid.

Then if anyone lifts the lid you will know.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Could be a lot of different animals - raccoons, bears, cats, dogs,etc. A couple of years ago people living in the rural areas around here were being plauged by identity thieves raiding the trash cans. Whatever or whoever is digging through your trash, shred sensitive garbage and secure the lids. If you are really curious about who or what is getting into your garbage, buy one of those game cameras and get some photos. Any sporting goods store will carry them. Heres a link to Cabela's:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp;jsessionid=UHM1ISXBQQJEWCWQNWSSCOIK0BW0MIWE?id=cat20098&rid=0180101070502&cmCat=perf&cm_ven=performics&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=optics_camera&cm_ite=game%20cameras&_requestid=93346

• Clam
    Clam

Why would racoons want your credit card details though?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I was going to tell you about Edmonton's dumpster diver sub-culture, but I see it does not apply. How about loading the diapers on top?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you have a web cam, it may have come with software that you could use to spy on your bin.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Averyniceguy. The raccoons could move the garbage cans. They are pretty big. While they are trying to get the lid off the garbage can will slide. They are leaning against it and trying to pry the lid off. Until the lid comes off it slides out of the original positon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit