What state are you from?

by Junction-Guy 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diest
    Diest

Denver Colorado

• fiddler
    fiddler

Born in Arizona (Phoenix area) but have lived in Oregon much longer. Family is mostly still in Phx.

• freeinmichigan
    freeinmichigan

western Michigan

• Londo111
    Londo111

I guess it's no big secret anymore: Virginia.

(btw--so many people on the thread I've never heard of! I guess they somehow moved on with thier lives)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Colorado...

And don't all youse guys start moving out here!!!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

outside of boulder colorado in a little town called firestone

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I want to say New York, NY but I am originally from Newark, N.J. Tramps like...we born to run -out of Jersey.

Since I lived in NY for decades, I now cheer for NJ at area rock concerts. Scary. My greatest shame is now pride. Do you notice all the Italian shows on TV? Others find it amusing, too. Well, I grew up in the neighborhood where Tony Soprano lived until his family moved to W. Orange. It is fun to see your childhood strips on HBO of all Tv shows.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heck, Band, how are you doing?? Did you suffer much hurricane damage in your area???

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No, I was very fortunate. My power was only lost for four hours. I was annoyed at CNN for only reporting about Manhattan when most of the East Coast was affected. You know how I feel about New York but the Jersey shore was an important part of my life. How I longed to visit the Hamptons, Montauk or Fire Island. MY JW father would not take us to the shore as kids for a long time. He would drive right up to lakes in northern NJ and refuse to pay the nominal fee. I believe he thought that people who owned lakes should invite all for free and provide life guards to boot.

When I was very young, we went to ASbury Park until it became black. Such nice Christians. When he died, my mom took us to shore frequently. Soon, every Saturdy my high school friends and I went renting a room for 8 at the shore. My family attended such a beautiful beach on Island Beach. So pristine with no tawdry stuff. But Seaside Heights called with loud rock music and jewelry for one dollar. Teen heaven.

The roller coaster is sitting in the sea now. NY news continues to distress me. There is going to be a huge fundraiser in December for NY and NJ on TV. It is based on Paul McCartney;s concert after 9/11. Since 9/11, I do not trust the Red Cross one bit. The NY Mayor's Office is accepting contributions if anyone does not want give to the Red Cross.

CNN showed that Doctors without BOrders is in the Rockaway and relief is absent. What little relief is present is not coordinated. Doctors without Borders goes into war zones so I believe they know to set up relief.

I adore Manhattan but I can assure you Manhattan would not have gone so long without relief. Sometimes I think the other boroughs should secede. Of course, that would delight the Manhattan crowd.

• Scott77
    Scott77

HI BOTR,

How about Watchtower 'Relief work' for affected JWs?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit