Starbucks

by Sailor Ripley 52 Replies latest jw friends

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

cyd, my brother loved Cafe Messiah on Capitol Hill, and Cafe Mesina or something that sounds like it! He liked the small local cafes in Seattle.

Also, his favorite restaurants are Broadway Grill on Capitol Hill, Red Mill Burgers (I think its called) and Pagliaccis pizza, what about you?

What's your coffee place it sounds cool, maybe I can recommend it to the people I know in Seattle :)

btw, my brother resisted and despised Starbucks until their green tea frappucino came out. First thing he wanted when he got out of Basic Training :)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I tried Starbucks coffee a few times and hated it. If someone I'm with insists on going to Starbucks I'll buy a bottle of juice.

First of all, at home I make coffee from freshly ground, dark roasted Arabica beans. I clean my coffeemaker regularly, and make my coffee strong and black. It is very dark and has a full flavour, and unlike Starbucks, it's not cloudy or sour, and it doesn't dry out my mouth.

If I want, I can make my coffee taste exactly like Starbucks by simply neglecting to clean my coffeemaker regularly.

W

• behemot
    behemot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbucks

"Starbucks' success in the U.S. market has often, though not always, been replicated around the world. Starbucks now has outlets in 30 additional countries. It has faced competition in markets which are already saturated with coffee products. As of 2006, none are located in Italy."

Ever wondered why Starbucks can't conquer Italy, the epicenter of European coffee culture?

If you had the chance to taste THE REAL THING, you know why.

Behemot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit