Starbucks

by Sailor Ripley 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

I can't help it... I love the freakin' place!

I know it's insanely expensive, has long lines and possibly, no, actually is quite obnoxious. I don't care. I still love getting a Venti Regular with a little ice and no room for a ridiculous $2.

Please tell me that, in this big, beautiful world that I'm not the only one that actually looks forward to paying way too much for a delicious cop o' joe.

Don't get me started on the Christmas flavors!

Merry Christmas to all.

• unhappy
    unhappy

Me too I am absolutely addicted, even though its freezing cold I love the frappacino's. I've even added up how much I spend on the for a year (could go on a real nice holiday) but that still doesn't stop me.

Oh well never mind, I think it's time for another coffee.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I don't know what it is but I love it too. There are other coffee shops around the area and when I want a warm drink any of them will do. They have a delicious alternative for coffee which is the hot chocolate (meant for kids.) I order it often for my children and they love it. It comes with whipped cream and crushed Oreos on top. But when I can, I'll take the Starbucks tall cappuccino. In my opinion nobody does it better than Starbucks.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I too love frappucinos!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Won't one of you great peeps send me a care package!! In all this ice and snow I could really use some right now!!!!

• watson
    watson

Ahhh, the Egg Nog Latte......

• watson
    watson

• watson
    watson

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

As a professional barista, I have to acknowlege Starbuck's for bringing coffeehouse culture into the mainstream but their coffee is not good, it's their marketing that kicks a$$.
    Despite the fancy packaging it's old. Look at the expiration date on any package of Starbucks beans, it's sometime in the next 6-18months.
    To get the best pricing they buy all the beans they can and as a result they have to over roast to get a consistant product, which is part of their appeal; the same cup, the same atmosphere, the same experience everywhere in the world.
    I will drop in to a 'bucks if that's where people want to go but I get the sweetest, most whipped cream thing I can get.

• La Capra
    La Capra

I agree with Cyd all the way. I can't stomach their regular coffee, espressos, lattes or cappuccinos. I need at least a mocha to find their product to be a delicious way to sustain my caffeine addiction. The over-roasting for conistensy explains it. I have to add tons of stuff to it to make it palatable. I never choose Starbucks. However, some of their coffee mugs and thermoses are very nice. I have a few of those.

I'm a Peets girl myself. What a snob.

Shoshana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit