2006 WorldWide Service Report

by Midget-Sasquatch 59 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Okay, that's where I went wrong. Thanks. I was going by the old 1 / 2 rule to give me .5.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I was going by the old 1 / 2 rule to give me .5.

That would work if we were looking at what percentage 8758 is of 8524. But it's the percentage of increase we wanted to know.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Someone commented on the increase being largely witness children being baptised.

I think this is very possible - but does anyone have any idea how that number could be isolated? I know that hard and fast stats would not be available - [unless hidden in the vaults at Brooklyn] - but any good minds out there who can give us an idea what percentage of baptisms are witnoid kids?

Jeff

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    The GB might consider them fakes, and I don't have a problem if they do. Why don't they put an asterisk by the number and say it could include fakes?

They somehow do this by calling them "partakers" and not "annointed".

• Neo
    Neo

Good point, Jourles!

If you're looking for a straightforward way to show that the JW religion is a fraud, this is it!

Publishers: 1.6% growth

Partakers: 2.7% growth

How come the number of partakers can increase, even surpassing publishers' growth? That's a total joke! Their official doctrine says publishers should increase and partakers should go down! To see the partakers growing stronger than publishers should alert any Witness of the emptiness of their leaders' claims.

Can this religion get any more silly?

Neo

• Neo
    Neo

"That one must go on increasing, but I must go on decreasing." - John 3:30

The WT says that the number of the anointed should go down and the number of the "great crowd" should go up. Here's one quote:

*** w97 1/1 pp. 10-11 Let All Glorify Jehovah! ***In 1935, at a landmark convention in Washington, D.C., U.S.A., it was made known that the "great crowd" of Revelation 7:9-17 was a group to be recognized "after" the 144,000 and whose destiny is everlasting life in a paradise earth. After clearly identifying the anointed Jesus, John the Baptizer, whose resurrection will be on earth as one of the "other sheep," said of Messiah: "That one must go on increasing, but I must go on decreasing." (John 1:29; 3:30; 10:16; Matthew 11:11) John the Baptizer’s work of preparing disciples for Messiah was ending as Jesus then took over the selection of an increasing number who would be among the 144,000. In the 1930’s the reverse took place. A decreasing number were "called and chosen" to be among the 144,000 whereas a tremendous increase began in the number of the "great crowd" of "other sheep." This great crowd continues to multiply as the world’s wicked system nears its end at Armageddon.—Revelation 17:14b.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    The GB (privately) regard the new anointed as frauds

Dozy, don't forget that many of the GB are newly anointed. Geoff Jackson was only 'called' less than 20 years ago in the late 1980's.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Good point German xJW - just like every other word in their "lingo" - they've made the distinction loud and clear PARTAKERS - Not annointed! everyone is suspect now!

• Confession
    Confession

Love this thread. Thanks for all of your work.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    A mate who resisted for years and finally gave in to shut his wife up??

Ha Ha Ha that made me laugh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit