They Came back

by Theophilus 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Theophilus
    Theophilus

Hey all,

Thanks for your encouragement and advice.
    I believe that God wants the truth to be known. God is light and love. He exposes darkness and error when one who is in His Spirit reaches out in love to the one in darkness. Like Plato's analogy of the cave; for those who have lived their whole lives watching dim shadows on the walls of dark caves, the light is painful.

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
    Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
    Hebrews 4:12-13

The truth spoken in love. My heart wants to see people free in Christ.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hey, Theo, keep us informed as to your progress, okay? My best to you.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Theophilus
    Theophilus

Good morning,

It's a chilly Monday morning here is California.
    Saturday, we had two visits from our JW friends. For the first, I was not home so my wife asked them to come back later. For the second, I was just getting out of the shower so she told them the best way to set up a good time would be through e-mail. They did leave us more...um...."literature." Hopefully I'll be able to meet with them soon. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers.
    I'll keep you posted.

• ianao
    ianao

Hello everyone.

About the Trinity booklet... The ellipses are used to state the main idea of a scripture without having to take up a whole paragraph to convey the meaning, or 'gist' of the statement. I have used this in the past when writing essay's at my local community college. Go back and read the scriptures they use, then highlight the portions that they quote before and after the ellipses. You will see that the main thought is conveyed without having to quote big long lines of poetic scripture.

The problem comes in when you are trying to convey thoughts to xtiandomites. Xtiandomites tend to take ONE LINE of scripture, and apply it to an entire theological concept, or to God's very nature or laws. (I know, I used to do it. And in doing it, I ended up ignoring the other 3/4 of what the Bible says.) When combatting such mentality, and in shorter spaces of composition (without losing the overall meaning), you sometimes have to condense what is written. (Hence, the references given.)

Makes sense to me.

-ianao

Edited by - ianao on 18 December 2000 9:40:28

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit