Get A Load Of This Anti Watchtower Site!

by minimus 144 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/ is up!!

However, I have to agree with candidlynuts that there is a problem with the font scaling as her screen shot showed. I use IE7, and a screen of 640x800 with view/text size/ largest selected to help my old eyes.

Generally, I LOVE the look of the site - the neon glow and spooky music is great! But some pages are very low contrast - maroon font on brown page? fageddabowdit!

Once these little issues are fixed, it will be one totally awesome site!

I know something like this required lots of work and probably a few bux from the people involved. Whoever you is, you is alright by me!

• Confession
    Confession

With reference to the pyramids, here's an excerpt from one of my papers...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jehovah’s Witnesses today might be surprised at some of the auxiliary lines of evidence Russell used to “prove” that 1914 was going to bring about these sweeping, worldwide changes.

[Watchtower, May 1, 1903, p. 130-131; p3184 Reprints]
    "When Uranus and Jupiter meet in the humane sign of Aquarius in 1914, the long-promised era will have made a fair start in the work of setting man free to work out his own salvation, and will insure the ultimate realization of dreams and ideals of all poets and sages in history."

[The Divine Plan of the Ages, 1905, end notes]
    “THINGS YOU OUGHT TO KNOW AS CHRISTIAN BIBLE STUDENTS

DO YOU KNOW THAT…
    — The Great Pyramid in Egypt is a Witness to all these events of the ages and of our day—testifying in symbols?
    — The Pyramid's downward passage under "A Draconis" symbolizes the course of Sin? Its First Ascending Passage symbolizes the Jewish age? Its grand Gallery symbolized the Gospel age? Its Upper Step symbolized the approaching period of tribulation and anarchy, "Judgments," upon Christendom? Its King's Chamber the Divine Nature, etc., of the Overcoming Church — the Christ, Head and Body? Its Ante-Chamber the Correction in Righteousness of the "Great Company" etc.? Its Queen's Chamber those of Israel and the world who attain Restitution?”

[Russell, Studies in the Scriptures: Thy Kingdom Come, Series III, p. 342, 1897 edition]
    "...this measurement is 3416 inches, symbolizing 3416 years.... This calculation shows A.D. 1874 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble...."
    Later in the 1916 edition of this same publication, the text was changed to read…
    "We find it to be 3457 inches, symbolizing 3457 years.... Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1914 will be the beginning of the time of trouble...."

The above measurement was the length of an interior passageway discovered inside the Pyramids. It has no reference in Scripture, but it’s interesting how this measurement suddenly and miraculously changed by 41 inches after previous prophecies went unfulfilled, just in time for this new interpretation given them by Jehovah.

• Caine
    Caine

wow,

this site is damning and damaging. They have incorporated everything false prophesies, subliminal images, the new worlds translation all into one simple site. Plus references to Ray Franz and C of C. Plus CT Russel and the cross. This site answered all of my questions that I have been trying to research since my df ing. WOW. A Plus for the site

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

WOW !!!! AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Love this site - have bookmarked it. However, I too am experiencing the overlapping sentences and also a couple of pages of 'gobbledygook'. Hopefully they're just glitches and will soon be rectified.

• minimus
    minimus

The artistic design is unique. Well done!

• RR
    RR

I can't take the site serious when they photoshop much of the pictures. Most of those pictures aren't authentic!

RR

• Kudra
    Kudra

This is a neat site.

But it seems that I have read more damning, less sensational stuff that was more convincing to myself elsewhere. BUT still, this is an impressive site with excellent web design.

One thing that I would skip if I was them is the "subliminal imagery". It is sort of weak and not at all convincing. Whenever I see threads on here talking about WT subl imagery I think !!CUCKOOO!! Like Franz (the poster "Franz") lizard people type stuff. I think the subl imagery will decrease from the professionalism of the site and make folks take it less seriously.

Other than that really good!

Great job!

-K

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Hey, I really enjoyed the site. I like the dark & mysterious vibe it gives off. The only problem is that it will scare away any hardcore JDub. Way to creepy for their pre-programmed conscience.

• pierogi
    pierogi

In a way, Rick Fearon creeps me out. I don't think he is crazy really, just a little weird. I listened to the judicial committee hearing and for the most part I liked what he had to say. At the end though, I thought it was weird when he was saying that at this time onward the elders will no longer have Jehovah's spirit. I don't think that religion has God's spirit, but to me since he says he's part of the anointed it seemed like he thought he had the power to know and decide that God's spirit would leave them. And also the fact that he has this other organization is a little weird. I don't go to the meetings anymore, but I have no desire to be a part of another organization. I don't know the whole story, this is just what is seems to me as an outsider.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit