Life Everlasting--in Freedom Of The Sons Of God--PDF!

by Atlantis 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

This old book is a little weather-beaten but may still serve for some information purposes. Many researchers wanted this book for the "Charts" as well as other important quotes, that could be used in helping Jehovah's Witnesses to become free from the Watchtower. By the mid-1960s the Society had apparently forgotten much of what it had learned about the hazards of setting dates. The book Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God, 1966, said on pages 26-30: (Italics added) http://members.aol.com/Beyondjw/1975.htm

The time is fast drawing near for the reality that was foreshadowed by the Jubilee of liberty to be proclaimed throughout the earth to all mankind.... Most certainly the near future would be the most appropriate time for it. God's own written Word indicates that it is the appointed time for it.... In this twentieth century an independent study has been carried on that does not blindly follow some traditional chronological calculations of Christendom, and the published timetable resulting from this independent study gives the date of man's creation as 4026 B.C.E. According to this trustworthy Bible chronology six thousand years from man's creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E..... So in not many years within our own generation we are reaching what Jehovah God could view as the seventh day of man's existence.

How appropriate it would be for Jehovah God to make of this coming seventh period of a thousand years a sabbath period of rest and release, a great Jubilee sabbath for the proclaiming of liberty throughout the earth to all its inhabitants! This would be most timely for mankind. It would also be most fitting on God's part, for, remember, mankind has yet ahead of it what the last book of the Holy Bible speaks of as the reign of Jesus Christ over earth for a thousand years, the millennial reign of Christ.... It would not be by mere chance or accident but would be according to the loving purpose of Jehovah God for the reign of Jesus Christ, the "Lord of the sabbath," to run parallel with the seventh millennium of man's existence.

To find those quotes listed above in this pdf file scroll down to pages 32 and 33 of your computer page counter, or pages 29 and 30 of the actual book page number. Your computer page counter and the actual page numbers of the book will not match because of the scanned maps, and advertisements in the front and back of the book which added page numbers.

Click on the link below and when the next page appears scroll down to the bottom of the page and look to your left for this message: Download Description: Education Please wait 10 seconds to download file When that message counts down to zero it will change into your download link. DSL or faster connections will take approximately 11 minutes to open or save the file. Slower connections will take longer. Life Everlasting--in Freedom Of The Sons Of God. (Approx. 85.5 MB). Click here to start. http://www.verzend.be/v/9707778/Life_Everlasting_pdf.pdf.html Cheers! Atlantis-

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Atlantis!

You've outdone yourself! Thanks for making this book available to everyone!

This is one book I'm sure the WT wishes would go away. It's never been on their CD-ROM but now it's going to get a bit more publicity!

Thanks again!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Cabasilas:

Thanks old friend!

Tweety picture no.0488

Cheers! Atlantis-

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Atlantis,

This book has very special meaning for me as it was my first brush with apostasy, in the days before apostasy! I hope I've got my titles correct---perhaps you can confirm. The revised version stated that Matthias became one of the twelve "as the lot fell upon" him. (Acts 1:26) The original version, however, had the apostle Paul serving as one of the twelve. In the French copy, though, it was still Paul (six months behind). Knowing the new light, I made a rather insistent point, while conducting, that what the poor West Indian friends were reading was not correct. Lead balloons go over much better than my "correction" did. It pays never to go ahead of the FDS!

I sit corrected,

CoCo

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Compound complex:

Compare! (Hope this helps some. If not, I'll keep looking for you.) http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/finishedmystery.htm

Matthias Not Paul

Russell's understanding of Rev. 1:13 would have us, this time wrongly, think that Paul was the Apostolic replacement of Judas:

... in that of His Twelve Apostles, His representatives—St. Paul taking the place of Judas ... (p. 18).

The real truth is it was not Paul but Matthias who replaced Judas. This is clearly the message of the Bible:

"... Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, beginning from John's baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection." So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs." Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles. (Acts 1:21-26)

From this data we should all now be aware of two facts: (1) Charles Taze Russell was not declaring the same message that is taught by the WS today and (2) at other times he declared a message not consistent with the Bible! Since these are undisputed facts, it is impossible for Russell to be who he and his immediate followers unashamedly claimed him to be.

Scan of "The Finished Mystery" page 18

http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?124fs435810.jpg

Compare to Watchtower-1985-December-1st-p.31

"It is true that Paul was not one of “the twelve” who had walked with Jesus, for Matthias had been selected to replace Judas Iscariot."

Scan of Watchtower.

http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?124fs437261.jpg

Cheers! Atlantis-

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

The Society changed its view about Paul and Matthias in 1971. There was a Question from Readers on this in the May 15th issue.

What's really funny is to see the differences on this in the old Aid book. The first part of the Aid book had been published in 1969 and in the article "Apostle" they said Paul was one of the 12. The second part was published in 1971 and the article on Paul said Matthias was one of the 12, not Paul. The Insight article on Apostle was re-worked to fix this.

If you don't have an Aid book you can read it here:

http://www.reexamine.info/70s/AID.pdf

It's a LONG download, however.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you Cabasilas and Atlantis!

I really appreciate your clarification as well as jogging my memory. I was at Bethel during this time period and had a small part in putting together the AID book. Yes, the information regarding Paul and Matthias did "revise" from the earlier version. Since I have only the complete version of the AID book, and neither the French nor English LIFE EVERLASTING books, I could not make comparisons and contrasts. I am impressed and pleased that any bit of information can be called up in such a timely manner. Thank you very much for putting some meat on the bones of my skeletal memories!

AID-ing one another spiritually, I remain,

Yours truly,

Compound Complex

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

That book is still sitting on my bookshelf with a paper clip on the the page you quoted. Clyde and I were at a district convention in Toronto, Ontario, and I remember the stir that this book created. Everybody was talking about it.

I had a hard time understanding why the WT would come up with a specific date when three years earlier they published the book, "All Scripture is Inspired of God and Beneficial for Teaching" where it talked about chronology but pointed out that it did no good to use chronology to try to pinpoint a date for Armageddon.

Bonnie

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

The Watchtower Society always left enough room for deniability. It wasn't even beyond blaming its members for reading too much into the Watchtower publications. This was particularly true of the 1975 fiasco.

We had circuit and district overseers who gave talks in the congregations and at the circuit assemblies that left no doubt in the minds of JWs where the Society stood on this date. I can remember one of them stressing that we were like the Israelites marching around Jericho for the seventh time. Another said that we no longer are to count the time in years, but rather in months, days and hours. These were representatives of the Watchtower Society whose words were considered to be the same as the governing body.

Of course, after the fact, the Watchtower Society and these elders seem to have collective amnesia.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    How appropriate it would be for Jehovah God to make of this coming seventh period of a thousand years a sabbath period of rest and release, a great Jubilee sabbath for the proclaiming of liberty throughout the earth to all its inhabitants!

That quote almost sounds like the WTS is trying to tell "Jehovah God" what to do. If he wouldn't bring the end in 1975, according to this, it would be "inappropriate"! (Of course, they wouldn't be the first or last wacky preachers to try to tell God what to do.)

This would be most timely for mankind.

In a district convention in the 1980's here in Minnesota, the speaker had everyone stand who had been baptized since 1975. Then he said, behold all those who may have perished had Armageddon come in 1975 (implying that Armageddon would NOT have been timely had it come at that date).

The "Truth" before 1975: 1975 is timely

The "Truth" circa 1985: 1975 would not have been timely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit