How do other religions compare with Jw?

by Fisherman 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

As a Jw I saw in other religions, ritualism, insignificant ceremoniies, unecessary restrictions, erroneous Bible interpretations, doctrines and teachings, and hateful conspiracy with governments to kill or imprison or stop individual jws, or the jw movement. Today, I respect what people belive but what I think is wrong is religion in the business of killing people or advocating the killing or harming or infringing on people

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Today, I respect what people belive but what I think is wrong is religion in the business of killing people or advocating the killing or harming or infringing on people

Yeah, there's even religions who don't bother killing people themselves, they just go around teaching people that god's going to do it.

• free2beme
    free2beme

They all have their good and bad points. Same with the Witnesses. All Christianity, no matter how they smile and claim otherwise, have a level of judgement to them.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I think all religions are, to a degree, controlling. There are just some that are more controlling than others.

That's one of the reasons I am very wary of getting involved with another religion after leaving the wts, apart from being an atheist nowadays.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

After 40+years of looking at any religion as though it was a tool of Satan, I now can look at them through new glasses. I do see much control in many, but I also see many really good hearted, Christ-like people, trying their best to live a good life, many making sacrifices I rarely saw within the JW's. I too am wary of becoming a "project" of anyone, so stay away. I don't miss the judgemental attitude of the JW's, and am ashamed of having had somewhat that attitude myself. My sister went to a Baptist church last year with some friends and said she loved the singing, singing from the heart. I too miss the singing, but wouldn't set foot in a KH for a meeting again.

Bo Peep

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think the first problem is using the WTBTS as the benchmark by which other religions must pass muster. Who is to judge what is insignificant, uneccessary, erroneous?

Hateful conspiracy with governments? Where did that come from? The only collusion I've seen was the Catholic church in past generations, where they still held sway over world politics. I'd argue the Church Universal has lost most of it's political power these days. The Pope is more a symbol than overt example of power. Like the Queen rather than the Prime Minister.

The same with overt attempts to stop Jehovah's Witnesses. Governments in countries such as Russia, Turkey, and Italy are still hostile to the Jehovah's Witnesses. But those countries are contemptible of many individual rights. The JW's are only one target. The United Nations, by the way, has advocated for these civil rights abuses to end for some time.

So, you've mentioned that you would not have anything to do with a denomination that advocates murdering or oppressing people who believe differently than them. Are there other things you want to see in an honorable religion?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I think that the main problems in the jw is medical a few doctrinal issues, power struggle issues and sex.

A lot of people get into trouble because of sex. But jws dont canive to get people locked up or killed and they dont attack other people and injure them or kill them as other religions do to jws

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Fisherman, you said:

But jws dont canive to get people locked up or killed and they dont attack other people and injure them or kill them as other religions do to jws.

What religions kill JWs?

Susan

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Something for you to research if mainstream religion has done those things. I have observed jws attacked and physivcally injured and assaulted by mainstream religion.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sources and references, fisherman. Sources and references. Otherwise all your words are empty air, hearsay.

How about verbal attacks, shunning, and gossip? The JW's are no less cruel in this department than regular people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit