Coming to terms with.....

by PaulJ 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thirty's OK. Forty had me a bit depressed but even though my energy has waned a bit, I feel more alive than ever. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with finally shedding the jw crap once and for all.

Oh, where are my manners, I must have thought I was a jw for a minute there: Happy Birthday!

• new boy
    new boy

So Paul

since you are almost 30 ------------------What do you want to be when you grow up?

• Borgia
    Borgia

PaulJ,

Eh.....you basically have already past into your third decade, dude. About nine months ago.......But HB anyway. Welcome to your third decade.

cheers

Borgia

• Backed away
    Backed away

PaulJ,

This is my 17th time celebrating turning 30...

It's not so bad after awhile.

There are those who age gracefully, not me, I'm going kicking and screaming!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    but look forward with eager anticipation to your 40'S!!!

WoooooHHHooooooo!!!!!

Club Partydance1dance1dance1dance1dance1dance1

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Paul, 30 is GHASTLY and it just gets worse. Your whole life is over, pretty much. I just decided to drink more and wait for death.

LOL@bigmouth

My thirties were not bad now that I think about it. Every year that I dreaded going into.......looking back I wish now I had embraced it more, but I guess you don't fully learn that till you get older.

purps

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

happy birthday to you! And to my daughter who will be 32 on the same day, Jan 3!

What a good way to start out a new year; 30 is a good age to be, if I can remember......

AJ

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Awe, you're a baby! I have kids older than you!

but I do well remember how hard turning 30 hit me so I sympathize with you but will tell you that you'll get so over it soon and one day you'll be bemoaning turning 60! Now that's something you can bitch about! LOL

Happy Birthday.............and many, many, many more!

• delilah
    delilah

Paul, 30 is GHASTLY and it just gets worse. Your whole life is over, pretty much. I just decided to drink more and wait for death.

LMAO.....hey, PaulJ, 30 is awesome. Have fun, embrace it.....Happy Birthday. Enjoy.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Thanks for all your comments, I do feel a bit better. And bigmouth, thanks for adding to the 'debate' lol.

New Boy- Well, back when I was a JW I wished I could have been a footballer (soccer player to everyone else) and you see when footballers turn 30 its not long before they think about retiring... so I guess I always judge myself agewise against that, so feel "past it" approaching 30. Obviously I'm not a footballer I decided to get baptised instead (dumbest decision ever looking back).

So its not long now.... thanks for all your words, they have helped a lot.... ultimately I need to stop feeling sorry for myself.............................................................................................. and buy some slippers!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit