did you listen to the kingdom songs on CD?

by dobbie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Ex-Jo Ho
    Ex-Jo Ho

ha ha Yes!!! The Kingdom Melodies!!! That's so funny...I had forgotten. My family had the tapes....we had a piano player in our hall....it was funny no one in the cong knew how to carry a tune. Whenever she was sick, they'd break out the tapes and we actually sang them in harmony. Urgh! I've got a few of those damn songs stuck in my head right now!!!! Thanks a lot!!! ha ha

Josie

• exwitless
    exwitless

Daystar - I totally forgot about the Micky Disco Album until I saw the picture of it! We had that on a record album when we were kids. I remember us kids dancing around in the living room to that record!!!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sometimes it seems as if we get to the point where we decide to dump everything from our past. I will say that I had the tapes of the K.Melodies and quite enjoyed the positive thoughts that most conjured. Ok, I guess if I were a victim of some direct abuse related to K.Melodies I might not enjoy them. I rather liked some of the arrangements, though clearly not all. There was one with a harp solo that was lovley. Some of the songs are quite hopeful and I like that I focused on that when a witnoid and not all the bird, eye-eating armaggedon hoody doo. Don't misunderstand, I never owned the tapes or cd's of that jackass who sang so pretentiously. (Like he was joe opera) That crap was just schlock and a waste of breath.

There, I said it.

Do I listen to it now? No. I don't listen to all the same music I listened to when I was 12 either. Some things we outgrow. I've always liked classical music though.

W.Once

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I used to listen to the...pink book is all I remember it by...before I went to bed every night.

Now that I think about it...I wonder....why?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Anony_Mouse,

Listen to the Great Teacher? I had those tapes, the Bible Story tapes and Drama tapes I listened to every night. I bet if we tried, we could still quote many of the tapes.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The question has been asked:

Yes, I still have the Singing Kingdom Melodies CD. I actually posted a thread about this a couple of weeks ago: Suggestions on how to dispose of . . . Well, I know for sure that the old vinyl 12" platters would make an effective target for trap & skeet. Those CD versions would probably work the same way, once you have reached the expert level at your local gun club.

I would suggest #6 shot, and if anyone can score a double on two of those CDs, my heartfelt congratulations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit