did you listen to the kingdom songs on CD?

by dobbie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

james_woods - whats wrong with Billy Joel?!Uptown girl used to be one of my favorites!

SWALKER - its okay you CAN admit it you know - your'e among friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Had 'em on vinyl, then on cassette, finally on Cd.

Dumped them all in my box of literature in front of the KH a year or so back.

At the moment I am listening to 'A Celtic Christmas' - I like it a lot better.

Jeff

• daystar
    daystar

Had 'em on cassette. They only ever were played when other Witnesses were coming over for book study or something though.

The rest of the time, we were playing the Hooked on Jazz, Disco Duck, or Mickey Mouse Disco albums.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Never had them on CD, never listened to the tapes my mom had.

...but if you don't want your Kingdom Melody CDs, I'll take them off your hands! I wanna make disco club mixes out of them. You know, the kind that people smoke weed to, engage in premarital sex, and miss meetings.

• james_woods
    james_woods

james_woods - whats wrong with Billy Joel?!Uptown girl used to be one of my favorites!

Well, I guess Christy B. was pretty uptown, but he really does need to learn how to drive. Also, my disgust goes back to a fairly horrible purchase when I thought I was getting a Billy Squire "Everybody Wants You" (which admittedly rocks a little harder than B.Joel ever could) and got the other.

We stretched out some "Yanni and the Orchestry" tapes as well...and you can be sure that this bunch of wildman nerds did not listen to very much John Tesh either.

• XU
    XU

No no no. Can't stand those songs. Hearing clips on youtube gives me the willies. Unrelated, but good: my husband makes music and makes his own tapes to sell (cds now), but my grandma had about 300 W/A tapes and my mom let me have them. I gave them to my husband, (before we ever dated) and he recorded his albums on them and sold them to people. I really hope people got the message.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I used to own the tapes....the Kingdom Orchestra SUCKED!!! Oh GOD what a massacre they made of those songs...jeeeeeeez.

I liked the days when we had a piano player in the hall. He used to make We Love You Jehovah sound like a rag time gig in New Orleans.

hehehe

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I could not stand those dreadful, boring songs - so NO WAY!

• mama1119
    mama1119

Oh I hated those! I hated when you went out in service and the pioneer would listen to them the whole time. Just awful.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Yes, I still have the Singing Kingdom Melodies CD. I actually posted a thread about this a couple of weeks ago: Suggestions on how to dispose of . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit