Thinking like a Jehovah's Witness would think

by The wanderer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer
    Thinking like a Jehovah's Witness would think

On a prior discussion thread a couple of individuals pointed out
    to me, that I am more or less infected with "Witness" think. In
    other words, I still think like a Jehovah's Witness. Then again,
    its been since July, 05 since I have been out.

There is a lot of truth behind those statements

Although, secretly, I always knew that, somehow I enjoyed that
    part of my personality. But, the question is:

How does a person who was indoctrinated in the Nazi ideologies,
    philosophies, and propaganda, get away from "Witness" think?

Something's were good and others not so good

I mentioned on a prior post about the moral factor and
    concerning that, I seriously do love that part of my life.
    My style of writing reflects their style as well too. But
    the ideologies are were I draw the line.

Questions regarding these matters

• If you were an ex-witness how did you overcome
      "Witness" think?

• Do you still adhere to any of the standards that
      we were once taught as Witnesses?

• How do you purge the mental brainwashing
      propaganda of "Witness" think?

Please post your comments for a lively discussion
    of these matters.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

P. S. Ak Jeff, thanks for the encouragement
    over the telephone today.

Your friend,

Richard

• gordon d
    gordon d

"Thinking like a Jehovah's Witness would think".... isn't that an oxymoron?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Questions regarding these matters

• If you were an ex-witness how did you overcome
      "Witness" think?

• Do you still adhere to any of the standards that
      we were once taught as Witnesses?

• How do you purge the mental brainwashing
      propaganda of "Witness" think?

Time is the great healer. I dont think you can purge the brainwashing propaganda. You can bury it. You can be your own programer. Do some positive programing. Positive affirmations.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=positive+affirmations&btnG=Google+Search

• daystar
    daystar

Read, read, and read some more. Read things you would never have read before. Read books on subjects that frighten you. Read books about subjects that challenge your sense of self, that challenge your highest morals, that shake you to your very core, that infuriate you.

And consider things deeply. Allow yourself to ponder the questions you would never have allowed yourself before and are reticent to even now, especially now. Because you're not entirely out of it and neither are most of us, if we ever can be.

Discover who you really are, not who you think you are or like to believe you are, but who you really are at your core, your True Self. This is where it all lies. This is the root of the thing.

Have you ever heard of the comparison of the individual to an onion? Layer upon layer upon layer...

• xjwms
    xjwms

Don't Think.!

Do what we say.!

Don't Think.!

• Warlock
    Warlock

You will never get rid of all "witness think". There are too many situations in life that will remind you of the witnesses until the day you die. The only thing you can do is recognize that and accept it. If you do that, you will not struggle when "witness think" comes up in your life. Don't fight it, don't get angry about it, just think it, feel it, and let it go.

When people struggle with different types of unwanted programming, they fight. That fighting, or struggling, just reinforces the programming.

Warlock

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

One thing to do, perhaps the very first thing, is to stop viewing everything in terms of black-and-white, good-or-bad, right-or-wrong. That isn't how the world works, regardless of what WTBTS tries to make people think.

• becca1
    becca1

galagirl: I liked your post. What you said is true and it so hard for us to stop thinking in absolute terms.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Time.

Truly,
    Baba.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"How does a person who was indoctrinated in the Nazi ideologies, philosophies, and propaganda, get away from "Witness" think?"

Witnesses don't think; they abdicate their responsibility to think for themselves by letting the WTS do the "thinking" for them. Any person indoctrinated with WT doctrine needs to read, to learn, and to think all over again, much as an accident victim learns to walk again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit