I no longer go to Church

by KW13 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LOL nah its ok mary, i need my money for megan who will prolly spend 90% and i need at least 10%

Only 18 and you already know how the money goes in a relationship. You will go far my son!! LOL!

i want some more info on Mary's religion....

• Amazing
    Amazing

Karl,

Your profile says that your 18. Perhaps you will allow for the possibility that you have many years ahead of you in which to go through many changes. In time, some begin to see faith and God as something that Church facilitates through wholesome fellowship, and not the definition of toxic faith addiction, rigid rules, Pastors or Organization controlling people. Faith is very personal and involves mostly private interaction between a person and God.

In my own case, I joined the JWs at age 19, and left at age 42. I became involved with a Baptist Church for a couple of years, and then I visited many different denominations. Eventualy, I left all religion altogether for a few years. At age 55, I have now reconciled with the religion of my birth, the Catholic Church. I am comfortable attending church anywhere, or any denomination, or staying home, or going for a ride into the country and honoring God privately. I have learned that what goes on between me and God is truly between me and God, and not under the purview of men.

If one day I lose faith in God, then that will be yet another journey, likely filled with many new twists and turns in the road. But, if I ever take such a road, it will be an honest and sincere decision besed on what I have learned and experienced to date.

Time has brought me many changes, and I expect that I will discover myself going through a few more before the big day when I leave this world. I hope that you will look at your life ahead of you and realize that the roads you face and the choices are all yours ... and you alone must bear the reward or accountability for the results of those roads taken, whether it involves God or not. Leave yourself space to rethink things and take new roads ... that is one important lesson we must take away from the control freak Watchtower organization ... to maintain our freedom to change and to choose and still love ourselves regardless.

Jim Whitney

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

When I left Jehovah's Witnesses in 1966, I returned to the Catholic Church. I still attend.

• juni
    juni

That's good that you're making advancements in your life Karl. Everyone needs to do what is good for them.

Mary's religion? Doesn't sound much different from what's out there! lol Maryism. You have to have some new idea to spark peoples' interest and then start rakin' in the $. Isn't that what they all do??

Juni

• Mary
    Mary

Mary's religion? Doesn't sound much different from what's out there! lol Maryism.

Ahem.....Excuse me but I've already got the right name so you can address me as Holy Mary Mother of God.

You have to have some new idea to spark peoples' interest and then start rakin' in the $.

I'll post nekkid pictures of Karl and tithe everyone on it.

• luna2
    luna2

We need different things at different times in our life, Karl. Its good that you are flexible and open to new ideas.

As for Mary's Church...hrm. Might be a winner. Americans seem to be suckers for televised "preachers" that ask for their money in exchange for "blessings". I still can't believe that anybody sent anything to Jim and Tammy Baker. He looked like a child molester and she just looked insane. I'm sure you could do lots better than those two.

I don't watch TV much now so I don't know who your current competition would be.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Right out of the wt, i too had a church phase. In my case, it lasted about 2 yrs.

S

• KW13
    KW13

Only 18 and you already know how the money goes in a relationship. You will go far my son!! LOL!

i want some more info on Mary's religion....

thanks crumpet

Karl,

Your profile says that your 18. Perhaps you will allow for the possibility that you have many years ahead of you in which to go through many changes. In time, some begin to see faith and God as something that Church facilitates through wholesome fellowship, and not the definition of toxic faith addiction, rigid rules, Pastors or Organization controlling people. Faith is very personal and involves mostly private interaction between a person and God.

In my own case, I joined the JWs at age 19, and left at age 42. I became involved with a Baptist Church for a couple of years, and then I visited many different denominations. Eventualy, I left all religion altogether for a few years. At age 55, I have now reconciled with the religion of my birth, the Catholic Church. I am comfortable attending church anywhere, or any denomination, or staying home, or going for a ride into the country and honoring God privately. I have learned that what goes on between me and God is truly between me and God, and not under the purview of men.

If one day I lose faith in God, then that will be yet another journey, likely filled with many new twists and turns in the road. But, if I ever take such a road, it will be an honest and sincere decision besed on what I have learned and experienced to date.

Time has brought me many changes, and I expect that I will discover myself going through a few more before the big day when I leave this world. I hope that you will look at your life ahead of you and realize that the roads you face and the choices are all yours ... and you alone must bear the reward or accountability for the results of those roads taken, whether it involves God or not. Leave yourself space to rethink things and take new roads ... that is one important lesson we must take away from the control freak Watchtower organization ... to maintain our freedom to change and to choose and still love ourselves regardless.

Jim Whitney

I'm not writing anything out of my life and saying "nope never" but when you come to understand something (with growing older or you just realise something due to giving it careful thought and attention) you usually make some kinda decision. The Church i already said i think HELPED ME and i think people could find it useful, at the moment i dont and i dont believe i will.

You seem quite open to accepting what changes time brings, i hope to remain like that too

When I left Jehovah's Witnesses in 1966, I returned to the Catholic Church. I still attend.

Thats cool, if its what ya want and enjoy then there is nothing wrong with that.

That's good that you're making advancements in your life Karl. Everyone needs to do what is good for them.

Mary's religion? Doesn't sound much different from what's out there! lol Maryism. You have to have some new idea to spark peoples' interest and then start rakin' in the $. Isn't that what they all do??

Juni

Exactly, i am doing what is right for me at this moment in time. Mary's religion is a no, trust me she has naked pics of herself. (unless you like that? lol)

I'll post nekkid pictures of Karl and tithe everyone on it.
    Damn you, i shoulda known after the millions of you i posted lol.

We need different things at different times in our life, Karl. Its good that you are flexible and open to new ideas.

As for Mary's Church...hrm. Might be a winner. Americans seem to be suckers for televised "preachers" that ask for their money in exchange for "blessings". I still can't believe that anybody sent anything to Jim and Tammy Baker. He looked like a child molester and she just looked insane. I'm sure you could do lots better than those two.

I don't watch TV much now so I don't know who your current competition would be.

Yeh, i try to be flexible

Mary's Church - NO NO NO seriously she'll make ya strip naked. She is obsessed with it.

Right out of the wt, i too had a church phase. In my case, it lasted about 2 yrs.

S

I did roughly 18 months, so very similar situation it seems.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Spirituality is often a solitary path and in my view should remain highly personal. Quite often, upon leaving the WTS the temptation is to jump from one religion to the next which is often akin from jumping from a frying pan into a fire.

Karl if I was to offer any advice (for what it is worth) keep searching and keep your journey personal without the need for any church or organisation as they only complicate matters; we will never have all the answers and any organisation that says it has all or the majority of answers is deluding itself and its members. So in the end we do our best, we keep on searching and developing our belief system and along the way we live life to the full in every respect.

DB74

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

I felt very much the same way Karl. I left "the truth" when i was 17 and didn't go to any other churches for quite awhile. I felt good about where i was and didn't want a church. Also, I was very skepticle of all organized Christianity.

However, in my mid twenties I began reading the Bible and truly searching again. Not to long after I put my trust Christ as my savior. I took to heart and believed, and still believe, Romans 10:8-13.

I have been going to church now for approximately four years now, and i love it. Its a non-denominational, bible based church.http://www.calvarychapel.com/

At first, I was really afraid of going to church and getting acquainted with members for fear of being hounded by them. For example, if i happened to miss church, I didn't want members calling me up, and wondering what's going on with me. However, I didn't find any of this. I found genuine fellowship in the Lord. I really understand now, the verse, "you shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit