How many are like me?

by JH 49 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I still believe in God

Still believe his name is Jehovah or something like it.

Still believe that Jesus is his son, and he isn't God almighty.

Don't believe in the Trinity

I believe in the resurrection

I believe that most who resurrect will live on earth

I believe in a 1000 year reign of Christ

I believe that we can live eternally thanks to God

But on the other hand, I don't want to be a JW because of their man made laws, that has nothing to do with what Jesus said, and their lack of love, and the way they control and treat their own followers.

I'm just wondering why I still believe in so much of what the JW's teach, except for their false dates, and still I don't want to be one of them because their lack of love and justice ruins the good news of the Kingdom.

• z
    z

I’m sure not but I like you allot just the same

• JH
    JH

Thanks Z

Does this mean that you'll give me your car?

I guess that since I didn't adopt any new beliefs, I kept the basics of my old ones.

• z
    z

Nop but you can drive it ….can u handle 500hrp?

• JH
    JH

I'M not saying that I approve of all that they do....on the contrary, their man made laws, I don't believe in, like the blood doctrine and their shunning and so many others....

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Nope I can't say I am like you in beliefs ... but WHO CARES ... ... differences are quite possibly the spice of life.

Smiles

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hi JH,

I still believe like you.. except.. I have recently been thinking that the ressurection in the last day, has to do with people becoming enlightened. In Dan. 12:1 and on.. It talks about the ones sleeping in the dust, as awaking to everlasting life or to everlasting abhorrence.... Some will become like stars and lead many to righteousness. This appears to take place in the Great Trib. as the context points out. I'm not sure how the dead will come back.. Do you think they could be reincarnated? I've been wondering.

I really think that the core beliefs of the WT, in Russell's day, are the things I was so attracted to, and not the endless rules and bossiness of the WT since Rutherford.

To me, Charles Russell could have been a Faithful and Discreet Slave, but since he died, the WT is only the Evil slave.. What do you think???

• JH
    JH
    can u handle 500hrp?

I have 106 HP right now in my Yaris

I never drove a car with more than 190 HP

How fast can it go?

• solo
    solo

JH I also believe in all these things, for about 2 seconds and then I shake my head and snap out of it.

I also wake up from a nightmare about demons and I believe in Satan and the demons - until I snap out of it.

I put it down to brainwashing - all this stuff is still in my head 20 years on and nothing I can do will shake it out.

To be honest I have no idea what I believe, my head is so screwed up I think I would find it very difficult to believe in anything although I'm quite keen on evolution.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I think I do but after I get the book Crisis of Conscience and read it I'll get back to you.

PS Jake and I have a classic 1978 Chev big 10 that we have totally restored it has a 383 stroker motor in it with 550 hp and a transmission with 450 lbs or torque all new interior and positrac rear end had it to 140mph will go faster but to scared to try it. I goes in the high 9's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit