ALL LURKING ELDERS PLEASE... PLEASE... READ!!!!!! Make a difference!!

by Lady Liberty 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• robhic
    robhic
    All the above letter may achieve is the arrest of an Elder for resisting an officer in the course of his duties.

Would that count as a "trumpet blast?"

• dvw
    dvw

scum bags!

is it possible to get actual scans of the official correspondence? the dubs i know will think the transcripts are just more lies.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Just absolutely unbelievable. Thanks for posting this!

• shera
  • oldflame
    oldflame
    “At any time an elder is confronted with a search warrant (whether given advance notice or not) , the elder should first ask to read the warrant. After reading it he should ask if he can call for legal guidance and then call the Society's Legal Department. If for some reason the Legal Department cannot be contacted, the elders involved should make every effort to obtain the assistance of a local attorney for the purpose of protecting the confidentiality of the records. It may be impossible to stop determined officers from conducting the search authorized by the warrant. Conscientious elders will want to do all they reasonably and peaceably can to preserve the confidentiality of the congregation in harmony with the principle set out in Acts 5:29. “ “Subpoenas may be issued by a court or in some cases by a governmental agency or an attorney. If an elder receives a subpoena, he should contact the Society's Legal Department immediately. Never turn over records, notes, documents, or reveal any confidential matter sought by subpoena without receiving direction from the Legal Department.”

And they call this a christian act ? My ass !

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

the above letter was sent in britian

was one like it sent in the US?

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Will it ever end? You think it can't get worse, and it does!!!

Peep

• Arthur
    Arthur

Disregard. I posted before I throughly read the entire thread. Sorry, my bad.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am not a defender of the congregations, nor the WTS, nor individual elders. That said, I must
    strongly add that, while very legalistic, the things discussed here are normal precautions.

You have to cooperate with a warrant, but you should have legal counsel available. While the
    reading of the warrant and contacting the WT lawyers sounds like delay tactics, I would suggest
    that anyone faced by the law should take similar actions. It's not a big deal. There are plenty
    of files that would not relate to the search, that would need protection. If the elder refused to
    cooperate once clearly served a warrant, he can expect the authorities to tear up the file cabinets
    or break down doors, but their search would take longer without cooperation. It is important to get
    counsel to make sure they do not go beyond the search allowed by the warrant, and how much
    cooperation to give. You should do the same if ever faced with a warrant.

Now, what would be disgusting is to hide or destroy records to protect the molester/criminal.
    What would also be disgusting is (as I have read stories) to discourage victims from pursuing
    criminal prosecution, or disfellowshipping them for not supporting the forgiveness of said criminals.

I think some people here are thinking about the disgusting actions of the congregation and combining
    that feeling with their thoughts on this legal matter. Individual and organizational rights must be
    maintained. Separate the horrible action from the legal rights.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh, but I am thrilled that the WTS lost their case in California on this point.
    If I understand correctly, they wanted confidentiality to be upheld between the congregation
    member and his clergy, but the ruling states that no confidentiality can exist where
    3 elders are involved who are expected to report everything to WTS, so they know how
    to take or advise appropriate legal actions.

This is disgusting. Demand protection on one side to withhold information, but
    release it on the other side for legal manuevering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit