THE END IS NEAR

by Mary 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Scotsman stupidly said: No, the ridiculous hype is among the ex JWs and apostates who oh so hope that the JWs have got it all wrong.To repeat, no hype, just a timely message, the end will come at a time of Jehovah's choosing.

Riiight, Scotman......Can you please point me to a thread or magazine written by an ex-Witness where we claimed The End was coming? You're such a knob you don't even realize what you're saying. What is this "timely message" that the WTS is putting out? Why, that all "false religion will be destroyed "soon". Perhaps you don't realize it, but many of us still have contacts with family and friends still in the Borg and we are fully aware that Witnesses ARE being told that the Governing Body is trying to get everyone all hyped up yet again making everyone believe that Armageddon is right around the corner.

So quit trying to play with words duffus, trying to justify this latest attempt at the WTS's prophetic sense of doom. This religion has made more false predictions than all other religions combined.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It is interesting that they had a public talk with the same title and apparently planned a campaign, but didn't do it.

I have posted a history of all the issue of Kingdom News here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/122430/2163724/post.ashx#2163724

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here are some really funny comments about the tract on a "worldly" forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/isle/messages/?start=Start+Reading+%3E%3E

Oops, I guess I can't link directly to it. Click on link, click on "off topic" folder, look for "The End is Near!" thread. Hilarious really.

• Mary
    Mary

Rebel....apparently we can't log on here..it's a paid site. Can you highlight what was said and post it here?

Mary

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh sorry. It is not a paid site, but you do have to register. I didn't realize that.

Ppl are talking about getting the tracts. One person had 3 taped carefullyto her front door. Some say they've told jws off before so they're skipping their house. Many are saying the dubs just hand it to them and leave w/o attempting discussion.

Others asking when is Armageddon coming, should I skip buying new furniture? Lots of parody of the 144,000 doctrine.

The idea is that the loonies will survive armageddon, while the rest of us have to start Hell's Bowling League. So the sooner they trigger armageddon, the sooner they get paradise on earth. (Yes, on earth. The 144,000 slots in heaven have already been reserved.)
    "And verily, I say unto you, you shalt wander door to door, ringing the death knell that openeth said portel, and handing to the demon within this pamphlet, from which they will learn of their condemnation. Hangeth around not, lest they argue they are druids, but hand out each pamphlet with diligence, until all are consumed...."

And people say Revelations is hard to understand ;)

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumbers said: Thanks alot Mary.....ya little shithead!!!!! Since I'm gonna be a witness again but ain't goin out in service....I coulda witnessed to Juni online and counted some "time" so I wouldn't be a dirty heathen inactive publisher bastard kinda guy and maybe even qualify to serve as an elder again!!!!!

Geeze Gumbers......I didn't think you'd have time to study the Good Book with anyone, since your career in the ring has taken off:

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I saw THE END IS NEAR and remembered I was nearly out of toilet roll."

LOL Ballistic, you are a funny guy!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Ok all of this is fine but does anybody have any proof that they have claimed the end was near before? Just kidding.

Great thread. Lots of quotes and some good laughs.

I saw witnesses going through my neighborhood yesterday. They didn't seem to be showing much urgency. They were just wandering around looking bored.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Just something to be aware of, the extreme Islamists (of which the president of Iran is a member of)also want the end to come so their 12th mullah will appear and bring peace, but before that violence:

http://cosmicvariance.com/2006/04/12/how-quickly-can-iran-get-the-bomb/#comments

This comment is about the 3rd one down:

1. I think one has to assume that a lot of the engineering one typically needs has been supplied to them via Pakistani scientists and engineers. If not the Russians. (Not a lot of pay for physics in Russia) I’m sure both Pakistan and the US is trying to prevent this. But there’s only so much one can do.

So it’s all about the processing. And a small bomb is still a significant weapon. Especially when the President of Iran apparently really likes the idea of bringing back the 12th Mullah in an Islamic version of the apocalypse. I only know about him what I’ve read in Time, Newsweek and so forth. But it’s pretty scary. I’ve met some fundamentalist Christians who get excited by the notion of the apocalypse. It’s a mindset I just can’t fathom. But from that mindset, I’m tremendously scared that its in their best interest to use such a weapon (or at least supply those who would). Especially if Bush or Israel launches, as expected, some kind of attack the next few months.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Hello.

I would just like to say that bible prophesies are being fulfilled. We do not know exactly when. This is where the WT went a bit stray....what the bible says is real and it is happening.

blessedstar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit