THE END IS NEAR

by Mary 73 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

return visitor - they have been saying it since the 1800's.

• freetosee
    freetosee

The WTS has been preaching this ever since it got started by CT Russell!

Edit: Ballistic, you beat me to it!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Mary,

Thank you for posting how many other times they have said the end was "near". Here are some scans that show in January 15, 1892 page 1355 they said the Battle was DEFINITELY marked in the scripture as OCTOBER, 1914 (forArmagedon)!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thank you for posting that information, Mary

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Quote: "The year 1940 is certain to be the most important year yet because Armageddon is very near. It behooves all who love righteousness to put forth every effort to advertise The Theocracy while the privileges are still open."

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Remaining MONTHS before Armagedon!!

• juni
    juni

Thanks Mary for your work. That is a good question raised about the 1995 talk and tract. 11 1/2 years later the same thing???

Mary quoted:

***w96 1/1p.11 Jehovah Gives Peace and Truth in Abundance***As evidence that the pouring out of these plagues continues, the talk "False Religion’s End Is Near" was delivered worldwide on April 23, 1995, followed by the distribution of hundreds of millions of copies of a special issue of KingdomNews

Juni

• Mary
    Mary

Thank you Lady Liberty for posting those scans.....I knew that they have been saying this since the inception of the religion, but the WT CD ROM only goes back to 1950 for obvious reasons.

Just one question, how long does it take you to research something like that?

Not very long. There's a search engine on the WT CD ROM so I typed in "end is near" and it gives you all the hits. Then I highlight it, copy it with the reference and paste it here. I highlighted the words "end is near" in read myself just to make it stand out a bit more.

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

Great post!

The more I read the better it gets!

Nice work!

• blondie
    blondie

The Kingdom News in 1995 was:

*** w96 3/1 p. 29 A Successful Campaign With Kingdom News ***

"WHY Is Life So Full of Problems?-Is a Trouble-Free Paradise Possible?" This was the title of Kingdom News No. 34, a four-page tract that was distributed worldwide in 139 languages during April and May of last year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit