Did you make artificial smiles at the hall?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Ade
    Ade

Never did it, it takes more muscles to frown, so i thought what the heck , i'll train my face lol

• earthtone
    earthtone

Ade! How are you?

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

All the time, especially to the wanky elders who clearly disapprove of my lifestyle, but occaisionally have to talk to me when our paths cross at the KH - it's great in reality; I know they don't want to talk to me, they know I don't want to talk to them but we still smile and exchange pleasantries.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Nope. I have always been incapable of that kind of duplicity. It's a personality defect of mine, I guess. I walk around with a sour, evil look on my face and it either intimidates people (90% of people including most elders would not approach me) or makes people say "Hey u_b, is it really that bad?" To which I respond, after a moment of reflection, "Yes. Yes, I believe that it is indeed that bad."

• Ade
    Ade

well to put it blantantly lol im a right state definately not in the best of health.

But hey how are you >:)

All the best
    God bless you
    Ade

• Butters
    Butters

One could pull a really neat funny on their last day. You have to have makeup knowledge a bit. Ok... Instead of putting your normal watchtower paraphernalia in your briefcase, put in all the materials required to make a clown's face. This is also best done on the day you are to be the speaker. A talk on Solomon's wives would really take the cake. You go into the bathroom shortly before it's time for your presentation or talk. Put on all the makeup, (make sure you allot time for this and lock the little boy who likes to flush the toilet all day out so his mother who is hung over can attend to him) and begin your face. Then come out, and give the mystery speech of a lifetime, enjoy the disfellowshiping, and see how many others wake up...

• becca1
    becca1

I find it very hard to fake anything. I am usually an upbeat smiley person anyway, and I great everyone with a smile. If I am really down, it shows, and everyone asks if I'm OK. I don't have any animosity towards any individuals in my cong., so why shouldn't I smile?

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

You mean there was another kind? It all is artifical unless you "fit" into one of the cliques. Otherwise artifical rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit