Did you make artificial smiles at the hall?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I smiled alot at the hall.

But I think it was all artificial !!!

• daystar
    daystar

Well, since there were very, very few people I felt really connected to, I'm sure of it. Same sort of fake smiles people use when walking past each other in halls at the office.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Did you make artificial smiles at the hall?

No, but I made a lot of real frowns. It was hard to smile when I wasn't happy.

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Most definitely, it's a survival method.

Especially since the "clean the cong." type elders will assume you're hiding a secret sin if you don't have the jw smile.

Happened to me a couple of times

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Yeah...I was definately a member of the False Smile and Be Nice Club at the KH. What a waste of smiles.

mumsy

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yes I did, I was one of the main "love bombers" for most of the time I was a jw. I used to smile even when I felt more like crying.

• luna2
    luna2

I don't like thinking about it now...so embarrassing.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

All the smiles I made at the hall were artificial, except when someone made a fool of himself on the platform. Then my laughter was genuine.

W

• Butters
    Butters

I drew a smily face on the urinal in the men's bathroom at the hall two days before I moved. I remember the last two meetings hearing people chuckle in there, and then I would look at the sisters faces for their expression. It was a gas.

• earthtone
    earthtone

I think most do the fake smile thing. Because most people at the hall did not truly care if you were hurting or sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit