iPod uPod We all scream 4 iPods

by bronzefist 13 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Sorry if this has been discussed to death but........

Now that I'm not sending $$$$$$ to NY I suddenly find I can treat myself to guilty pleasures. I bought an 80GB Ipod (which I love dearly) and was just wondering if anyone else has succumb to this "fetish"? Any tips or extras I might need to know about? How about a protective case?

I've downloading all of my "hippie" era music into "mypod" plus a couple of movies. Any recomendations on music videos....my kids are grown and gone....help!

brzfst

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

The very 1st thing you need to do is INVEST in a good protective case!!!!!! Don't wait!

Swalker

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I haven't gotten into the iPod craze, yet. I really don't understand them, how they work, how you get the music, do you have to pay for the music? Way too many questions and it makes my head hurt. I figure I've gotten along in life this far without it I'll probably cruse along the rest of my days without it.

Besides now that I don't have kids at home to explain these contraptions to me or worse yet beg me to buy them one I'm free I tell ya free and have more $$$$ to spend on simple things like bike gear and bikes.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Get a good docking station so you can listen to all that music without earphones as well.

The one by Speck is great, cheap and has a built in sub-woofer. Avoid the Bose version like the plague.

I also have a portable one by Altec Lansing that I can take to the beach and runs the speakers on batteries. Kind of like an up-to-date boom box.

NOW you need to check out allofmp3.com to d/l your music. They are in Russia and use the licensing agreement that RIAA and the rest made with Russia way back when. The bottom line is that you pay .05-.10 for the same song that the Apple site charges a buck for. The big news is that they are encoded at up to 356kps which is beyond CD quality. Most MP3s are encoded at >100kps which is why I never bothered downloading until I found a reliable source of HQ music.

Enter the site name into your browser carefully since Pirates have bought all the other variations.

I fail to see the benefit of D/Ling movies and videos and such on my Ipod so I can watch them on a 2.5 inch screen when I have huge TVs all around. That's just me I guess.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Swalker> I was thinking of getting the iSkin evo3 case, but reviews say it's a dust magnet.

bikechic> I've been downloading my cds into my computer (iTunes) then into my iPod. I have loads of cds.

ministerAmos> Thanks I'll check out the ru site.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I don't have any helpful hints for ya, but I sure love my iPod! I LOVE it.

Avoid the Bose version like the plague.

Why? I was saving my pennies for the Bose version...

NOW you need to check out allofmp3.com to d/l your music. They are in Russia and use the licensing agreement that RIAA and the rest made with Russia way back when. The bottom line is that you pay .05-.10 for the same song that the Apple site charges a buck for. The big news is that they are encoded at up to 356kps which is beyond CD quality. Most MP3s are encoded at >100kps which is why I never bothered downloading until I found a reliable source of HQ music.

I'm running right over there right now!!! Thanks for the info! I hate to download from iTunes because they control the music too much...you can only play the music on so many computers, can't share, etc. A real pain.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Try to get some demos of various docking stations before you buy and you might be surprised by how much the $100 station out performs the $300 one. Granted, it's not a $3,000 stereo, but there's still room to get Bosed err hosed.

Take a look at the specs on this (street price about $100) and compare to Bose. Oh that's right! Bose doesn't publish specs! Now why could that be? Anyway this sounds way better in my opinion and there are lots of other brands as well in this price point that perform as well.

http://www.speckproducts.com/specktone/

• sspo
    sspo

JUST ENJOY IT, THEY ARE GREAT TOYS.

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

you need to get an iTrip - tunes in your car or anywhere with a radio. An essential extra.

• morty
    morty

Sorry, I have no advice for you....I am useless with this new tech stuff....what happened to the CD wachman and you just stick a cd in???

I can tell you that I have bought 3 iPods in the last year and have no idea how to even turn the damn thing on......I have bought them for my kids and the third one I bought was an upgrade for more gig-a-bite...(lol)...

all I can tell you is the bigger the gig-a-bite, the better ( according to the kids)...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit