CONTEST! See who can answer this really hard dub/bible Question.

by gumby 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

bebu,

In light of Revelation 21:22, don't you find it interesting that the bodies of Christians are called temples and they are said to be, collectively, the body of Christ, and the Lamb and God Almighty are the temple, and Jesus prayed that his disciples would be one, just as he and the Father were one?

• myelaine
    myelaine

In light of Revelation 21:22, don't you find it interesting that the bodies of Christians are called temples and they are said to be, collectively, the body of Christ, and the Lamb and God Almighty are the temple, and Jesus prayed that his disciples would be one, just as he and the Father were one?"

and...that same body of Christ, when it descends (in the new city, Jerusalem)...Shall teach My people the difference between the holy and the unholy, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean...Ezekiel 44:23

love michelle

(p.s. When they go out to the outer court, to the outer court to the people, they shall take off their garments in which they have ministered (in the sanctuary), leave them in the holy chambers, and put on other garments; and in their holy garments they shall not sanctify the people...Ezekiel 44:19)

• bebu
    bebu

Myelain, I don't see that the instructions given for Israel for their functioning temple will be applicable here in the slightest.

JER 31:33-34 says that the law will be written on our hearts and there will be NO need for anyone to teach another.

IOW: wickedness/unholiness will be things of the past, and no need for anyone to teach what everyoneknows because the law of love is written on their hearts. Teaching distinctions under those conditions would be like lighting a torch in broad daylight... unnecessary.

AS, yes, it's funny how things which seemed so unconnected are tightly woven together after all. Reminds me of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express...

bebu

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear bebu...

God's laws will be written on their hearts...on His childrens hearts, yes...and on the day that one of those children die (physically)...After he is cleansed, they shall count seven days for him. And on the day that he goes to the sanctuary to minister in the sanctuary, he must offer his sin offering (Jude 23...hating even the garment defiled by the flesh) in the inner court, says the LORD GOD. Ez 44:26-27...

in Jeremiah (31:12) there are those who are like a well watered garden...and there are those that will not go up to Jerusalem, they will not be "rained" on...Zechariah 14:17...

love michelle

• gumby
    gumby
    I don't see how you prove from the bible that anyone goes to heaven. There are no verses suggesting that at all

Wow there Butters.....that's quite a statement you made there. So, nowhere in the scriptures will you find anything relating to a heavenly life you say? Perhaps you remember Jesus saying he was going to prepare a place for his followers in heaven where his father resides and that in his fathers house there are many mansions and that he would take them there himself?

I agree Butters that it seems god would stick to his original plan and keep man on the earth, that his 1000 year reign was earthly, but you cannot deny the fact that the scriptures speak of heavenly life as well.......such as the dead being "changed" , putting on immortality instead of mortality, those that will inherit the heavens( see Matt 5 ) paul saying our citizenship is in the heavens etc. Also you have the Great Crowd, the 144,000 "in heaven before the throne" waving palm branches, you have the marriage of the bride to the lamb in heaven.

I don't see how you can say the scriptures do not speak of a heavenly life.

Auldsoul.....I already mentioned John 10 as the dubs proof of another flock as well as Psalms 37.....both of these BEFORE statements in Revelation.

Gumby

• juni
    juni

Brother Gumbyexelder,

I don't care if I go to heaven, hell, purgatory, or where ever else. I'm so tired right now I just want to go to bed.

Good night. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz juni

• myelaine
    myelaine

anyway...

I would be very grateful if someone would ignore my goo and gather my bones and take me over and in...

thank you.

love michelle

• gumby
    gumby

Brother Gumbyexelder,

I don't care if I go to heaven, hell, purgatory, or where ever else. I'm so tired right now I just want to go to bed.

Good night. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz juni

S'ok sister Juni-bug. I hope when I turn 68 my mind will at least be as sharp as yours at that age even though I'll be going to bed real early. Gumvibrant

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I don't have the answer to your question, but I want that cash, so I'm blackmailing you with this picture of you and pokey. ( no need to ask why you named him that)

• gumby
    gumby
    I don't have the answer to your question, but I want that cash, so I'm blackmailing you with this picture of you and pokey

Moomanchu.....no answer, no cash. That little disgusting picture you posted is of my twin brother Earl who looks like me cept for he's kinda blue and he's gay and he doesn't take drugs.....but he looks alot like me. Now then.....don't you feel like a real ass? Wait till I show your pic to Earl and he shows his buddies..

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit