CONTEST! See who can answer this really hard dub/bible Question.

by gumby 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• headmath
    headmath

Atlantis WOW

The modern day "great crowd" is Rutherford's finest invention that saved the WTS from certain doom. He called them the "great multitude" in 1935. In the early days, persons that were saved by grace other than being annointed were refered to as the "millions now living will never die". As early as 1918 the "millions now living" refered to the masses of ungodly persons who were considered saved by good works alone. To be saved in 1918 a person did not have to be part of a religious organization. According to currrent WTS doctrine, the great crowd ARE these "millions now living" and the great crowd is exclusively made up of JWs.

This means the ungodly masses can no longer be saved by grace.

So the doctrinal flaw is that the Jws are the only class that can be saved by grace and folks we all know that ain't true

• myelaine
    myelaine

"of course believe that this Great Crowd serves today in the outer courtyard, and the heavenly priests serve in the inner courtyard. "

And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins...

Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water...Hebrews 10:11, 10:19-22

love michelle

• pbr
    pbr

I remember reading that the greek word to 'tent with' didn't mean to .....spread a tent over ( like from a distance i.e speading protection from heaven over those on the earth) but rather 'to tent' meant to 'live with' in the same dwelling, in fact I think there is a scripture in john somwhere, where it talks about jesus dwelling with mankind and it is the same greek word used in Rev but translated correctly, sadly showing that the true meaning is understood therefore making the incorect version more condeming!

it kinda makes more sense when you read it in context eh?

• wiegel
    wiegel

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am so glad to say that I don't know, don't care, and can't believe I ever did...the truth has set me............

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby, I think you should just pay everyone who came in here 25 cents

....but sassy girl........there are like 25 posts and at .25 cents....that would cost me a fortune. In fact, it come to about $6 and 25 cents. You got 10 bucks I can borrow if I promise to pay you back the second tuesday of next week? Besides....how do I know that everyone wasn't lying with their answers? You gotta remember.....these folks who answered are apostates and think just like Satan himself and wouldn't think twice abot trying to make Jehovah's people look bad. He does that ya know I'll tell ya what....I'll present all the answers I recieved to this brother and whichever answer gets him out of the cult gets the whole $6.25....plus a half hour nutbag shine. Deal? Gumspender

• Butters
    Butters

I don't see how you prove from the bible that anyone goes to heaven. There are no verses suggesting that at all. The 144,000 from the 12 tribes will inherit land here on Earth, and so will the others. The resurrection hasn't happened yet, everyone who ever died is dead right now in Sheol, and that's that. The bible tells the tale of when Messiah returns he will resurrect the faithful dead and they will rule as Kings and Priests here ON the Earth (Rev 5:10, Matthew 5:5). There is nothing about anyone other then the high priest entering the holy of holies.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Let them show scriptures for the great crowds beginning in 1935. We have searched Rutherfords writings and can't find any scriptures, only assumptions! It's easy to "prove" something when you take scriptures out of context. Context, context, context!

Little Bo Peep

• myelaine
    myelaine

....plus a half hour nutbag shine. Deal?...

dear Gumby...

he he he...but lay up for yourselves treasures(family jewels) in heaven...

love me...and stuff...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I don't think the two hopes doctrine starts in Revelation, Gumby. I think it starts in Luke and John. Luke 12:42 (if I remember right) discusses the "little flock" and John 10:16 discusses the "other sheep".

The "other sheep" in John 10:16 are shown as coming out of a different source than the ones already in the fold (check the KIT), but both those in the fold and the other sheep eventually end up in the same flock. If that "one flock" is the "little flock," then the "other sheep" become part of the "little flock" too.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• bebu
    bebu

Hmmmm. I don't have much to offer here gumbag, but if JWs are using Revelation as the guide, how do they reconcile these verses with their theology? This is at the very end of stuff. And it doesn't seem to help their cause re 144k.

REV 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

REV 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

IOW, there is a city--Jerusalem--but no temple (as depicted in a WT drawing). And from a new heaven, Jerusalem descends to a new earth. And God dwells with men. No mention of dwelling with JUST 144k here. Jerusalem will not be accessible to those who are impure, practice deceit, etc.

Do JWs even notice the LAST section of Revelation and notice how different it is from what they proclaim? Or do they actually process this away?

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit