A THANK YOU to the board

by Jerohobobonadad 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

Hello again.

I just thought I'd say "Thanks" to all of the contributors to this board (and other boards/ websites, but mostly to this board).

I only started looking on the internet for info on the WTBTS about 2 months ago. For years I had huge doubts about the org, but no facts to rationalise these doubts. Some individuals have obviously spent many hours going through the societies literature and researching the history of the org and made this research widely available on line.

I can only imagine what it must have been like 10 or 20 years ago if a "witness" had doubts - where would you go to find out the facts? I have a great deal of respect for those who made an exit back then. It must have been a lot more difficult than now. When I saw this board, I suddenly realised that I was not alone with the questions and opinions I had. I had known for a few years that questions were not allowed or you would be labelled apostate so just kept myself to myself. I could have carried on like that for years. I now have my exit strategy and feel a lot better for it!

So, thanks everyone.

Jerohobo

• ballistic
    ballistic

congrats... I exited before the internet, and carried on refusing blood transfusions and such like because I was still "stuck" somewhere.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I can only imagine what it must have been like 10 or 20 years ago if a "witness"

Yes thanks!!! I was ousted in 1987.I thought I was the ONLY one out here.Wanted to kill myself....It was awful I thought I must be Judus...Yet I couldnt tell the brothers that I did believe Jesus came invisably in 1914... If I said I did I would be a liar, & we all know who the Father of that one is. But when some one like you says you can only imagine what it was like It makes me want to hug you(((((HUG)))) Because I was out there for two years before anoth couple of EX JWS found me.....And took me to PA THANK GOD> Welcome !!!!!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Jerohobo,

Yes, it is good here. So many people, myself included, have received the help we sorely needed - when we were at a low ebb - here! Another wonderful thing about coming here is the amount of friends you meet. I've met many in person and they're a great bunch. We're having a meet-up in October. So, if you want to heal even more quickly, try and get to an Apostafest!

All the best with your completing your exit!

Ian

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Jerohobo,

I share your respect for those who left pre-Internet. While it was very difficult back then to have solid facts to back up even one issue, now we are arming each other with ready access to solid facts regarding dozens of issues. Those who left had enough integrity to stand up to any who said, "It's just ONE thing you've found. Can't you wait on Jehovah?"

Really, if an organization claims to be the only source for communications from God and "one thing" proves they aren't, then "one thing" is enough. But it is so much easier when there are dozens of things available to research out, presented to us on a virtual platter.

When I saw this board, I suddenly realised that I was not alone with the questions and opinions I had.

It is even stranger than that. If you saw me 1.5 years ago, you would have been SURE that I had no questions or opinions that ran counter to JW doctrine. Judging by outward appearances is what JWs are trained to do. So, we never know how many of those smiling faces at the Kingdom Hall also had unasked questions and unexpressed opinions. I believe for each of them there is some key quirk of the WTS that they don't agree with. But they wait on Jehovah to make the truth truthier at some point in the future, confident that he chose that organization at some point in the past.

My dad said to me, "Do you really believe you have it right and 6,000,000 have it wrong?" (<--- Presiding Overseer of a congregation)

I said, "Do you really believe 1,000,000,000 Catholics have it wrong? I don't believe I have it right, I believe I have proven that Jehovah's Witnesses have it wrong. I don't have to have it right to prove them wrong, any more than Jehovah's Witnesses have it right just because they can prove the doctrines of other religions wrong."

I don't think he got it, though.

Welcome out!

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• blondie
    blondie

My dad said to me, "Do you really believe you have it right and 6,000,000 have it wrong?" (<--- Presiding Overseer of a congregation)

I said, "Do you really believe 1,000,000,000 Catholics have it wrong?

Good response, AS.

Blondie

• greendawn
    greendawn

Nowadays just about every aspect of the JW subject is covered on the internet as well as in many books, it's easy to see why the FDS has it so completely wrong in order to deceive and exploit. I also wish there was internet when I left back in the 1980's it would have cleared up many lingering questions much faster eg who are the GB members why are they so much better and so privileged?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Jero,

You are so right, this is a great place to come to for anyone who is questioning anything about the org. People on here answer your questions in a kindly way, unlike the elders, who get very suspicious, to say the least, if you dare to even hint at any doubts about the wts teachings. Being here has helped me more than I could ever put into words, and I am so pleased that you have benefitted from being with us.

Linda

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thank you, Jerohobobonadad

You have put in your thoughts also. I have been on the board for only a month (posted a bunch, though, as an outlet) and find the help here wonderful.

In full agreement, thanks,

OnTheWayOut

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Jero,

((((HUGS!!!)))

I am so glad you found this forum! It helped me so very much as well, when I was first starting to have questions! Most here feel the same!

Anyhow,

WELCOME!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit