What's the deal with beards????

by bittersweet 40 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

God has a beard, what's the problem?

• Zico
    Zico

I don't know about the rest of the UK, but beards are a big thing in my area! You can't have any privileges with a beard!

I wasn't allowed to carry the mike the other week because I had stubble. Oh damn!

• zagor
    zagor
    I always thought that was the dumbest rule of all. If you live in an area where beards are "popular" so to speak, its ok. If most do not wear them, you cant!!!!!!! Dumb dumb dumb!

I've asked an elder once the same question and he tried to explain it away with usual rethoric of "oh well, it is not so widely popular in society but if it was than it would be ok" I then said - well that means whatever else becomes popular will also be acceptable with witnesses like tatooing, body-percing, wild hair-dos, etc. He was dumbstruck, just stared at me like he saw a devil.

• VM44
    VM44

Rutherford hated beards as they reminded him of C.T. Russell, and he thought men who wore Russell-like beards were involved in a form of creature worship.

He made it a condition for a brother to shave off his beard in order for German Bethel to receive funds for new printing presses.

Rutherford's will was so strong that the Watchtower is still enforcing the "no beard" rule 64 years after his death.

The Jehovah's Witness religion is truly a creation of Judge Rutherford. The problem is the JWs do not know they are following the dictaits of a long dead man.

--VM44

• fish
    fish

It's really quite simple. It's called public perception. When's the last time you saw a guy running for president with a beard or a goatee? Why not? Because of the public's perception in general of beards and goatees. They know they'll attract more votes simply because many people will vote without any knowledge really of what they've said during their campaign but simply based on their looks. If they have a beard or goatee they will likely lose a LOT of those type voters and it could cost them the election.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The watertower wants to control as much as they can.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Now that I'm finally on my own maybe I'll grow me a nice long one! [img]http://bestsmileys.com/lol/17.gif[/img]

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

It is just a matter of compliance and uniformity for the Org. It might be said that some people are considered "filthy" or "unkept" due to a beard......whatever that means. LMAO!!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I've heard pedophiles don't like people with beards either.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I've heard pedophiles don't like people with beards either.

*sneeze* "Beaver!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit