How will Aust. Religious Vilification Laws Affect JWs? (& Tract Campaign)

by misspeaches 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vitty
    vitty

Maybe you could send one of these tracts to your MP...................with a letter explaining how the WT really feels

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

You have all raised such interesting and valid points.

To address a few - currently where I am located the bill is still before parliament. However it has been approved in Victoria and people have subsequently faced legal action. The most notable being (I have done more research) two pastors in Victoria who advertised a seminar/sermon on how to show love to muslims and to understand them better. They read parts from Islamic texts however the Islamic community deemed this to be of a negative nature to their religon and these two pastors are now facing jail (on top of the mega $$$ they have paid in legal fees already) unless they apologise. The pastors don't want to apologise as they feel the accusations are unfounded.

Yes, if this is the sort of action that is being taken it is drastic. I feel that the JW's will feel the repucussions of it. Especially after their impending tract campaign about false religon.

Do I agree with it? No I don't think I do. Part of me wants to see the JWs cop some flak for their outrageous claims etc. However what are repercussions will this hold for the rest of society in general?

This has been a most interesting discussion and I hope it continues.

Cheers, Miss Peaches

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit