Is There Anything Positive About Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

Public speaking, being a good conversationalist, and being able to recognize a conspiracy,

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.....No!....Being continually told your the happiest people on earth dosen`t make it so...OUTLAW

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Any positive identified assumes a gigantic leap of faith that these skills would not have been gained elsewhere or were not inherently present in you already. I think that is impossible to know. The only one I buy is that, yes, my ability to detect BS has been honed by my JW experience. But I'd probably have learned that too if I'd been raised by carnival hucksters.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I positively love leeching off people.

Dismembered

• garybuss
    garybuss

This is the kitchen my mother got as a reward for marrying a Witness.

The kitchen went with this house.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings GaryB

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Dismembered

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Taught me that some people will not change regardless of how much "proof" you give them. Oh, yeah, and it taught me how to leave a cult.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    The kitchen went with this house.

Interesting landscaping. Minimalist?

I made some great friends that continue as friends (they're out too) in my present life. I learned to speak in front of crowds. I learned to deal with rejection, having many doors slammed in my face as a kid. I also learned to deal with being "different" than others, a status that I continue to enjoy. It's not all bad . . .

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I'll have to be honest and say yes. (even thought the cons out way the pros 50 to 1 but yes)

I gave my first number 2 talk (and no, it wasn't number 2, it was actually pretty good-lol) when I was 5 years old so I do see now how it helped me be a better reader. Reading the Bible is a harsh reading lesson with all the big words.

And we used to get "free" food at the convention but that went away. (my parents made the donations not me, I was a kid) I can attribute many a chicken sandwich and frozen orange juice to the org. (which by the way was pure gold in that heat!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit