Message from Brooklyn Bethel on the Terrorist Atta

by Kent 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent
    Message from Brooklyn Bethel on the Terrorist Attack on the US

I've been reading your site for some time and I appreciate the information that you provide. Many of the questions that I've asked for years are being asked by you and your visitors. I read your recent article on the JW reaction to the U.S. terrorist attack and would like to provide some additional information. I am a U.S. Bethelite and see things from the inside. Feel free to use my words (but not my name) as you please

Read the rest of the story on the Watchtower Observer, on how Gerrit Losh adressed the Bethelites, and how they view this incident. I guess this is a balanced repport on how inhuman these people really are!ยจ

. http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Site=WO&Date=20010916&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=10916001&Ref=AR

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• jelly
    jelly

Kent,

How is JanH? I have not seen him post for awhile, I know he was going on a trip. Hope he is not stranded somewhere.

Jelly

• larc
    larc

Kent,

That is a powerful statement. You have done so much good for so many people. I appreciate the fact that he had enough trust in you to share that information. I hope some day that he has the courage to leave it all behind.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Well, I'm skeptical that this was from a real Bethelite (why would he give you his name, Kent?).

However, most of it sounds like it has the ring of truth. Except for that part about no press statements. The jw-media.org website did issue a statement on the 11th.

I believe that the mindsets of the directors and those in positions of reponsibility, and their admonishment to the Bethelites, is probably accurate. Heck, I can remember a dozen years ago or so when even all-Witness gatherings were supposed to be kept to a few dozen people at the most. And of course CNN cannot tell you anything more about the end of this system of things than what the Bible says.

My position on the JW attitude is that I have no basic problem with their stance of political neutrality. I do believe they milk the system and repay very little. However, that is their right. And, we have to remember that they do believe that they are God's people alone on the earth to fend for themselves in a universal struggle, and that the governments are God's minister to them when needed. Most of us can recall that feeling of being part of something much bigger than any conflicts the USA or anyone else in the world has dealt with. So feeling of apathy seem to be understandable, and why really should the Governing Body get involved with relief efforts when the end is so near and there is so many more sheep to be saved?

All that said, I of course think that JWs believe silly things. Sometimes those silly beliefs make JWs act like idiots. Other times those silly beliefs actually help promote freedom in the world. Of course if the whole world were JWs the World Trade Center would still be standing. ;)

• Kent
    Kent

First, JanH is in Thailand, and I guess he's OK. I haven't heard anything about anything else.

Secondly, I see some (Cygnus) are sceptical to the validity of what I'm saying. What else is new? Fact is there are many people around who KNOWS FOR CERTAIN I can be trusted, and the reason I (and others like Randy, AlanF, Maximus, silentlambs among others) can publish news about what's happening is the fact we do get information.

Even though many EX-JWs and JWs try to warn people about terrible people like me, we have integrity - and we never reveil our sources - and they know that.

As a journalist I have the right by law to protect my sources - even in a court of law! And I will use that right if needed. Fortunately there are many people around that knows this, and that do trust me. And the results are I am able to publish news.

This IS a powerful statement, and I thing it should be interesting for many to read.

Also, I have just posted interesting stuff on the HM Riley Trust- one of the Watchtower Societys Money-mills. Take a look at my site.

The Rand Corporation is also doing well: http://buffalo.bcentral.com/buffalo/stories/2001/07/23/daily7.html

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Well, Kent, I didn't say that I disagreed with the validity of the text itself. I just said I was skeptical that a Bethelite that is in apparent touch with what's going on at high levels of Bethel would volunteer his name. That's all, no big deal.

I think that if I spent an afternoon, I could have also probably written that report as well. All I would have to do is draw upon some reference material outlining basic Bethel procedures and installments, think about how JWs in positions of reponsibility would caution those under their direction, and consider the general mindset of most Witnesses in regards to world events, universal issues of God and Satan, and what would happen to certain people under certain cirumstances.

Dude, it's like you're always ready for a fight!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Also, isn't it great to see Buffalo businesses doing so well? :D

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.witnessesonline.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/witnessesonline/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000163

All Bethelites were to 'stay' in
    the building they were in until it was time to go
    home. Until then...no walking between the buildings
    and all buildings are locked down--for security. (They
    had one man on the street run in for 'safety'...and
    they don't want any 'strangers' coming in!). You know
    how Bethel keeps everything so clean? Well,

nelly

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

Kent, I've gotten confirmation from one of the sources you list of those known to provide accurate information always. What you post is true.

My source said there were also stupid comments made about 60,000 Witnesses who die each year! Duh. So does a percentage of the TOTAL population. The point was that huge death numbers are no big deal. What an ugly thought.

While Wallen spoke of compassion, others have spoken of stupid similes like Witness "search and rescue" missions. They weren't referring to going across the bridge to the City.

I was also told there are increased concerns for Bethelites' "safety" owing to the startup of a ferry service from Brooklyn to downtown Manhattan in order to get more persons back to the area, to work, etc. No ferry service has been around since the Brooklyn Bridge went up.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

The JWs in the chat rooms have been denying VEHEMENTLY that their organization reacted this way. How well the Society hides their selfishness and their self preservation from the masses. And....particularly well do they hide it from the public. Their PR site would of course lead ONES to believe they give a shit.

Millions upon millions of EXJWS know they REVEL in this and other catastrophe's as a CAUSE to place literature.

I AM gonna puke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit