THE BORG WANTS YOUR NUMBER

by Mary 83 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

***everyone's getting their hopes up, expecting a "really big shew" in the next couple of months, and they're not going to get squat.***

Maybe the WTS is hoping for a big, juicy disaster or war somewhere that they can pin the beginning of the great trib on. They've been running on empty with the 1914/WWI "prophecy" for quite a while. The longer they can keep up the anticipation that the trib or Armageddon will happen soon, the greater the chance a convenient (for them) catastrophe will happen, which they can then spin to make themselves appear "inspired by god."
    Scully said tithing may be a possibility, too. True, Russell or Rutherford said something to the effect that demanding money from their followers was a sure sign of false religion. But so much of the WT past has been obliterated or falsified by the WTS; I'm sure it won't be hard for them to induce JWs to forget that little gem.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I see your point Willyloman, but I'll stick with Garybuss, I think it's a cash crunch problem. Or...it may be a combination of both your theories.

• ackack
    ackack

Is it at all significant that we haven't seen the new school guidelines? Maybes they are drastically revamping the meetings, perhaps combining them (as someone suggested)
    ackack

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I know what it is:

FROM NOW ON ALL MEETINGS WILL FINISH ON TIME!!!

Geez if that ever happened then maybe Armageddon is just around the corner..

Pope

• misguided
    misguided

I just spent 3 hours driving home from my parent's wondering what was up. I went to drop off an item of my father's and to let them have a visit with my kids. We were there less than 2 hours.

Firstly, when I was on my way over, my mom invited us over for lunch...but then added, that I could go "sit in a corner" (literally what she said) while they ate. My kids and I decided Burger King was better than having mom sit in a corner while they ate.

Then when I was leaving, my dad came up to the car and gave me a big hug and said he loves me, and that he didn't know when he was going to see me again. I thought it was a weird statement based on the watchtower article on when a loved one leaves jehovah.

His comment left me with a very disconcerted feeling. Then my daughter said, tears were welling up in his eyes as he hugged me and said what he said. I'd really like to know what's up!

Thanks, Mary, for posting a piece of this puzzle.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Is this why they're collecting the telephone numbers?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/119422/1.ashx

• nelly136
    nelly136

didnt they used to warn about keeping too much personal info and numbers or making sure to destroy them if persecution kicked off so they wouldnt fall into enemy hands?

• Gill
    Gill

Cash! If it's the WTBTS it's got to be money orientated.

They are going to start charging to go to the meeting, (on a voluntary basis of course)

$2.50 per adult

$1.50 per child

students and OAPs at $1.50

Pioneers, Elders, and COs FREE ADMISSION!

This will naturally be for upkeep of the KH, of course, but any extra is to go to the World Wide Fund for Preaching Bull Shit, all around the world.

Well there's my prophecy for today. I'll eat my hat it it doesn't come true!!!

• nelly136
    nelly136

sounds more like an attendance control thang to me, they can demand more money 3 nights a week without needing phone numbers. maybe people will be less inclined to throw a sickie for the meeting if they can ring their works and make sure theyre really off sick

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    didnt they used to warn about keeping too much personal info and numbers or making sure to destroy them if persecution kicked off so they wouldnt fall into enemy hands?

Affirmative,and all this same paranoid borg chatter went on during the 1960's they had the cold war and the Cuban missile crisis to fuel their hysteria the more things change the more they stay the same.

Know this~the WT's paranoid persecution profile is based on an extreme,narrow,and brief experience of Nazisim and gestapo tactics that they relish and reminiscent like favorite war stories.

Watchtower get over it,i worked in the secular field with real WWII vets who are the real heroes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit