I Got The Phone Call Last Night - My Dad Died

by BrendaCloutier 76 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Dear Brenda,

Recently a friend of mine.......his wife died. I was out of town, we were very close........when I got home I was horrified to hear the news and that I was not there for him.

I called him at 3am when I had read the email. It was about a week since the funeral. I asked him how he was doing. He said he was doing ok.........she had ill health for awhile..........and he had already buried her so many times in his head.

So your comment about losing yours to a cult.......is what made me share this with you. Sometimes death is not as final as physical death.......our grieving of a loss can be how you already felt it. It does not make it any easier, but your grief got taken in tiny chunks throughout your life.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

purps

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

(((((Brenda))))))), I've been offline for a while and just read your post. I'm so sorry, hon. I hope your experience at his memorial service is surprisingly serene at least.

Frannie

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Brenda I am sorry for you.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Brenda..I am so sorry!

• Swan
    Swan
    I've cried a little. Seems like I've already cried rivers over loosing them years ago to their cult. But I actually feel pretty good about it - relieved.

I'm sorry for your loss, Brenda. It didn't have to be this way. Just remember that their loss is greater than yours in so many ways, and they did it to themselves.

Tammy

• okie46
    okie46

Brenda, I am sorry to hear about your father, and I am sorry for the pain you have had to endure because of being cut off from your family. It is very difficult to feel that your own parents really never knew you as a adult. There is so much pain involved in losing a parent (my father died 3 years ago), but especially so if you were not able to spend time with him as you would have wished. I hope that time will ease some of the pain and that if nothing else, at least the relief of knowing for sure what happened to him will help some with that. I haven't been on the board long, but you mentioned you had also been ill, I hope you are feeling better and on your way to recovery.

• Sheri
    Sheri

Brenda,

Sorry for the loss of your Dad. You are so right that he is the one that now knows what awaits us after death. Sorry for the loss of your family to the "Organization" don't give up hope they may well one day see the real Light. Especially with your Mom, she may open up to you in time even if she officially does not declare it. Sounds like you are truly being a loving daughter regardless of how you have been treated and she knows that.

Peace & Love,

Sheri

• arwen
    arwen

Dear Brenda; Please accept my deepest sympathy in the loss of your dear dad. My parents are both gone now too and it was very hard. Just hold you head up high and be proud of who you are at the funeral. We will all be with you in spirit. Love Arwen

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Brenda))) so sorry to hear about your Dad

• Kaput
    Kaput

Brenda

Sorry to hear about your father's passing. Please accept my condolences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit