No more Judical Committee

by STRUGGLE 15 Replies latest jw friends

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

Hi rollercoaster, I am here and I am df'd. Very long story about that one. In essence I told the elders about themsleves. I guess they did not like that. I told them they would never see me sitting in a Judcial Committee again. I would'nt wish that on anyone. Talking about stumbling someone. Wow. They form the committee and came and told me they had form one, when could I meet with them. Has anyone ever had that to happen?

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I believe my response would be "go to hell".
    mike

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

<"Has anyone ever had that to happen?">

Only hundreds upon hundreds of us dear.

Welcome to the club.

And welcome to the board.

dungbeetle...cleaning up the crap.

• slave
    slave

Good.

• Teirce
    Teirce

I had a committee formed on me for being many hours below the pioneer level for the year. I was nervous, and I didn't understand why.. They were all loving brothers, weren't they..?

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Hello friends;

Ah yes, the infamous Judicial Committee. Such wonderful memories............NOT! My husband actually had a JC formed after a man attacked him on his job, This guy knew he was a witness and called the Elders and gave them this big story, so, just based on this man's lies, they formed a committee. Could not believe it. Even had tons of eyewitnesses, plenty of proof. My husband was so insulted by this he told the Elders he absoulutely would not attend, as he had committed no sin. The Elders told him if he did not show up he would" reap the consequences". So, out of fear of DFing, he went and they did end up clearing him, but my husband has had no respect for elders since. The experience really soured him on JWs period. He was a witness for 30 years. Says he can't believe anyone could be that stupid and lost confidence in the whole arrangement. He has been inactive for for a few years now, says he will never get to involved with witnesses again.

And by the way Tierce, I can't believe you had a JC formed for low service hours!! I have never heard of such a thing!! I would be curious to know more.

Thanks!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Struggle, I too am a victim of the wonderful Watchtower judicial system. Isn't it a loving arrangement? Yeah, right. Your main mistake was you didn't kiss enough booty. You didn't look sorry enough. These committees are their way of "lording it over" the flock, in a lot of cases.

Slave,what do you mean?

Teirce, "low service hours" has never been a judicial matter. What other stuff was going on? (If anything?) They weren't loving if they didn't make clear to you EXACTLY why they were going to call a meeting.

Vita, the elders were plain wrong to form a committee based on one person's story. The guidelines say that a minimum of two witnesses are needed to establish a matter. I can fully understand why he has no respect for the elders, but really the local elders are really only following the unloving lead of their 'mother' organization, where the blame really can be placed.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Teirce
    Teirce

Oops, my bad. I thought my drama would be interpreted as drama. Royt. I fell low for hours as a pioneer and had to meet with the Service Committee in the cellar. You know how they sit around you in a circle - they also make sure you're only in shirt and tie and they're in broad-shouldered suits... heh

No, the Real JC was genuinely painful. Not comedy material exactly. I didn't want to leave, but I knew I had to go, know what I mean? It's where you face the fact that for all the advantages of friends and family, they just can't bolster the impending weight of insanity. You just have to say goodbye. Actually it was my younger brother, who wasn't an MS yet, who suggested that I should consider "doing something", he knowing full well what exactly he was suggesting. That man was a true man, and has all my respect.

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

Gopher you are right, I did not kiss booty huh, belive me I did not bit my tongue, I told them about themselves.

To "V"
    I was raised in the truth and had never heard of them forming a committee. You see come to find out someone told the elders something about me and a someone else. Believe me when I say, I told them who ever told them that was lying. For you see me and this person never went anywhere, so what did this person say and see. I told them that was slander, gave them the meaning of the word "slander". I did do somthing to get me df'd. But not with this person. I could not believe it. Again I did not bite my tongue, I told them quite a few things about them. I am still going to the meetings. But I told them I will not attend that hall again, becuase they believe someone else. One elder went on to say, they know, they are talking. So I know exactly how your husband feel. Imperfect men. They try and bully you. I told them they will never, ever seen me sitting in a JC again.

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

Hi Struggle,
    I'm sorry you have to go through such a horrible experience. The elders give all men a bad reputation. I know I hated men for a long time. I related everything to my experiences with the elders. You will move on. You may even decide that the meetings are a farce. To see men up there on the platform telling everyone how to be perfect, and that we are not yet good enough or humble enough, and then you see that same elder get drunk, or listen to the "wrong" type of music and it's o.k., because it is an elder.
    Be assured that most JWs will fall at sometime or another.
    I hope you find peace and know that you are a good person. You are like many others that need to know you are cared about, and it's o.k. to be loved.
    I haven't seen or talked to an elder in a long time. They don't bother me, and I am not DF'd. I feel sorry for them if they ever do try to come and talk to me.
    Take care of yourself.
    RC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit