Meddling mother

by meems1000 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Good advice Inquisitor. I'm doing that exact thing with my kids. At this moment in time they have no interest in the jw faith because it doesn't seem to be much fun.

Josie

• Warlock
    Warlock

Meems,

When I was an active witness, no one was going to try to preach to my kid any other religion. Mom, Grandma or anyone else.

You have exactly the same right, and you have to tell her that.

Warlock

• Honesty
    Honesty
    There is nothing wrong with exposing them to facts about the religion, especially if it first comes from you. Your mother has already beaten you to it. Time to go on the offensive, not defensive.

Without a doubt!!!

The cult told my son not to have prayer with me because I pray to Satan.

I started praying directly to Jesus and thanking Him for going to the cross to become sin for and receiving God's wrath instead of us receiving it.

It took him about a week to realise the Watchtower Society and the jw's are deceiving people.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Oh man, I love your sense of humor: crosses and priests!
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hey Meems,
    When you take the book, go through it and address the various out of context scripture, show them some of the ways the JW stooges mislead and practice brain washing. Use the thing as a educational opportunity on how to avoid cults and the cult mentality.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit