Uninvited--A Wonderful "Witness"

by Merry Magdalene 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• deeskis
    deeskis

((((merry))))

I've read your message about your mother's last days on your myspace page

You did the best for her, and i'm so glad you had that last time with her, and your wee girl......

Chin up sweetie, you've got a lot to be proud about

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

I received an e-mail last night from the relative that helped the PO uninvite me. He was very close to my mother, and she lived with him and his wife (my cousin) the last couple months before she asked me to come down and help take care of her. Here is the first paragraph:

I felt terrible about having to hurt your feelings on Saturday. I don't know how I got the job of having to tell you. Beleive me, I didn't raise the issue first. The truth is, I wanted you to go - but we are Jehovah's Witnesses, and must live by His standards, not our own - otherwise, we'd be like every other illegitimate religion out there. I will always stand with Jehovah, just like your mother.

I wrote back this morning and let him know how I felt and why, and how my brothers reacted also. I haven't heard back yet....

Thank you so much for all your comments and offers of help.

~Merry

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

OMG,...it just keep getting worse...

lisa

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

That is heartbreaking. I'm one personally who has decided, at least so far that I am not going to attend any memorials. Why should they decide for me which events I get to attend? I'm sure they will all tell me that I am invited to my mom's funeral and whatnot, and that they are going to "allow" me to come as long as I don't talk about religion and play by their rules, but why would I want to put myself in a situation of subboardanance (sp? clueless)? If I would ever be in their presence again, it will be on my turf thank you very much and on my terms. And do you know why? Cuz Fuck them, that's why!

Shawn

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Oh, and, I would love to see that letter you wrote them. I would love if you posted it on the forum, though I know it's personal.

Shawn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit