Why Do I Remain one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Nicodemus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I appreciate your post Nicodemus.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Nic - I enjoyed your post - perhaps youneed to do some real soul searching and searching through the bible as well. If this is the "truth" and Jehovah's "divine channel," then why are there innaccuracies? Why are there flaws? Why did they say 1975- was than not a false prophecy? Why do they have hate for people who do not fit in? Why are they like the Jewish religious leaders making extra rules? The list goes on, but I think you know they are wrong in many many ways. Perhaps it is time to rethink many things and do some hard core research.

Jesus commanded us to test our faith in the teachings of man. Will you follow that commandment?

• Grunt
    Grunt

Nicodemus,
    Like most responding to this thread, I too have enjoyed your posts and have enjoyed them for a long time and in a number of places. You were my favorite poster back at Wit.net
    The sad thing is though, you are NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses. You are one in name only. If you expressed the views you have expressed right here to the wrong people you would quickly find out that they don't consider people who hold such views as real Witnesses. A lot of people you know on boards such as this one were disfellowshipped for less, unless of course you are willing to renounce such views if confronted. There are lots of good people in the Witnesses. The Witnesses have some views I agree with completely and I do admire anyone willing to die rather than kill someone else. I would admire them more if they were unwilling to HURT someone else, but that is another subject. Anyway, I think of you as sharing my views, not the Witnesses. I agreed with everything you said. You are a reasonable man. That means you are walking a tightrope as a Witness.

• Teirce
    Teirce

Sir, I'm 28yo and most surely your junior. I'd say that by the very fact that you have opened up your mind to other thoughts, the very fact that you're listening to these folks on this board, means it's just a matter of time for you. You will leave, relatively soon, or you will go mad. You have too many clues already. You realize the vast discrepancies in doctrine. But you extol the vaunted heroism of Witness neutrality and missionaryism. Surely you perceive that what those missionaries are distributing is not actual physical relief, except perhaps recently, but rather expensive placebic psychologic narcotics. As for neutrality and pacifism - that's is absolutely a weakness for all who have left, unless they were atheists who embraced Darwinism: The Witnesses' one true claim to fame is their unerring ability to turn the other cheek, and that is because they are the fingernails of the mother organization, and can be clipped off, as illustrated in the book "1984". And if you don't want to get so pissed off that you're ready to hurt something, don't read "1984". If your personal law is that you offer yourself to die so that another may live, that is your personal law. But the law of the physical, unsuperstitious planet (no, not the bad bad naughty evil badness Zewt! world) is that no man is an island, and that those who stand alone will fall, and those who band together have their flanks covered. Being willing to die for neutrality is actually the Witnesses' form of ideologic war, and the trenches are dug in the mind.

I would like to suggest that three years after taking the plunge and dropping out, I regularly have occasion in my political, economic, sociologic debates to quote scripture. What this means is that as the free man you will become, you will be unencumbered to apply Paul's words to yourself, and become the truly spiritual, truly excellent man. For myself, I don't believe in God, a male god: I choose to believe in a female deity of my own design. I believe in the principles of Darwin, but am not racist, because I embrace the inherent valuables of each sort of people. It takes a hell of a lot of research, digging into other wisdoms, Eastern and Celtic and Amerindian, but, it is there for the taking and you won't know what orgasm hit you once you get some of the Real good spirituality that's out there. Oh, yeah, and don't even think of reading Socrates or Neitzsche. You'll haul off and bomb Brooklyn, and none of us want that.

Anyway, as staid and as sobre as I can be, I'd wonder if it is perhaps only family that is truly keeping you from embracing your intuition. Family is the most painful snag, and your heart truly gets shredded over the sink like a hunk of cheese. But like their own illustration shows, parents let their children undergo a painful operation in order to be healthy. You'd be disciplining your own heart and sentiment, in order for it to grow up healthier.

Anyway, these are the frank words of your junior, so, with all respect, I leave you in peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit