District Overseer put out to pasture with no $$$ - sad

by Dogpatch 167 Replies latest jw friends

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I remember when he "served" our congregation in Payette, Idaho about 1976. He actually was our District Overseer and we were excited to have such attention in such a small congregation. I remember working out in field service with him (I took the day off work to do it.) I remember him being very friendly and quite a contrast with some of the circuit and district overseers who were very serious. Emshoff was a card and, as I recall, single. I liked the guy.

• uninformed
    uninformed

there is so much garbage in this thread it is hard to know where to begin. a good place to start is to point out that this man is not an exjw. he is an ex overlord. he is still a jehovah's witness and i have not seen one thing that says he wants it to be any different.

the hypocrisy of the exelders on this board is the same as when they weren't exs. and you still don't understand why the r&f hate you. "we were all kind and compassionate when we were the borg's hired guns. blah, blah, blah." bullshit!!! we didn't believe you then and we don't believe you now!

as for your attempt to lay a guilt trip on those who don't feel empathy for this "...pitiful former district overseer..." you can take it and stick it where the sun don't shine. stupid doesn't live here anymore.

j2s

j2s and LDH,

I think you guys are being as harsh as I ever was.

Some of us have left and repented. No forgiveness?

Why is it ok for you to be so mean now, and it wasn't ok for us to do the same? Both are wrong.

Thats why we all need the blood of Christ. We all need forgiveness.

We acted in stupidity and in a false sense of the reality, but we did so mistakenly.

Are you sure that you want to destroy us now?

Brant

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

my favorite attack is to pin the field service elder leader . on a pointed fence in front of his asskissing pioneer's and make him look like a DOPE. takes about 3 minutes. or less mostly less. a.ll they do is cry they are calling the POLICE. . BECAUSE AFTER 40 YEARS OF FIELD SERVICE THEY DON'T KNOW THIER ASS FROM THIER ELBOWS... SAD SHIT JOHN BY THE WAY I LOVE BETHELITES, MOSTLY THEY ARE FROM WEST BUMBLE SRTUCK ARKKANASAS AND CAN'T TELL A TOILET FROM AN OUTHOUSE.. NO MORE THAN READ THE BIBLE.. BUT THEY LOOK GOOD TELLING ME , THEY ARE SERVING JOE -HJOVR AS P.T BARMUN SAID THERES A SUCKER BORN EVER MINUTE..... JOHN

• LDH
    LDH
    j2s and LDH,

I think you guys are being as harsh as I ever was.

Some of us have left and repented. No forgiveness?

Why is it ok for you to be so mean now

harsh? mean?

I don't think so. I think it't MEAN to tell people they're going to die tomorrow because they didn't sell magazines today.

NOTHING that I said was a personal attack, it was the truth. I find it ironic that people who spewed "the truth" for years can now be offended by the real truth.

It's not me that makes 'eventualities' come to pass. I have no control over that. I just tell it like I see it. And, truthfully we have no idea whether this will be a wake-up all for others or even him.

Time will tell

Lisa

Spade Class

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

uninformed,

you have no way of gauging my hatred for the elder class. and i don't want you destroyed, i just won't miss you when you are gone.

as far as jesus' forgiveness is concerned...that is between you and him. but some of you(not uninformed specifically) are in for a nasty suprise. it is a mean world isn't it? how does it feel to be on the recieving end for a change? i have no way to judge the amount or degree you or any other individual is repentant, so your proclamation of repentance doesn't mean anything to me. how many judicial commitees did you sit on where people were punished after they expressed repentance? if you say none you are a liar, if you say a lot but i have repented and i am sorry now; so what. how does your repentance help those you injured? are the families you destroyed back together? are the people who were molested and then abused by the boe healthy and happy because you have repented. do they get their childhood back? one of the reasons the nazis are still hated is that the people they tortured and murdered are still dead.

we have all heard the imperfect men defense. if that is what helps you sleep at night, so be it. but i'm not buying it and if that is mean and unforgiving i don't care. i didn't start out mean and unforgiving. i was taught to be mean and unforgiving by the elders and their hanger ons.

as far as i'm concerned your statement that "we acted in stupidity, and in a false sense of the reality, but we did so mistakenly." ranks right up there with "i was only following orders."

j2s

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I know some here may disagree but I feel no sympathy for some one who has the same ability to figure out that it is all bullshit as I do. I figured it out and made a retirement for myself. I have posted before that I have an ante and uncle who have no home and my uncle died with nothing, my ante has no home and lives on 400 a month ss, in the basement of youngest daughters FHA small home, Rosedna Babcock, from wolverine Michigan. She still hangs on to "the end is like a pencil and we are at the tip. These people did not think for themselves, I for one am not sympathetic to those who drink the cool aid. the children yes, they can not think for them selves yet. but after that when a person has the mind to make their own decisions, No This is not a case of some one trying and just missing the target, He along with my ante and uncle hit the target they aimed for.

Do I feel sorry for them, not one bit, My wife's mother and father are ageing, and have only ss to live on. when the time comes, will I help, HELL NO. I am not bitter, but when I was busting my ass till 3 in the am working putting in floorcovering, and getting flack for having and IRA and savings account. I will not help, or feel pity for someone that has stabbed themselves in the neck and then says DON'T YOU FEEL SORRY FOR ME? No I do not. My pity goes to those of Katrina and the like that did not do anything to bring on their plight. I had a witness named kunde, he would leave me at job sites to finish the job on meeting nights, then complain when I got an extra 500 at the end of the week. I have seen to mucn arregance from these people to feel anything but dickens style of pity, ARE THERE NO PRISONS ARE THERE NO WORK HOUSES?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Dickens may have wrote it but the words were from Ebenezer Scrooge...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

not to change the subject, but one episode of life the following was done by an elder:

I was at a witness "get-together" with my wife-then-girlfriend.... well this 28 year old elder told all the other elders I was holding her hand.

well, they all had a 2 hour sit down with me............. total arseholes!!!

How about the District overseer that last year had to have a sit down with my whole family after service for 2 hours because we were not doing enough???

• LDH
    LDH
    well this 28 year old elder told all the other elders I was holding her hand.

no cheech you got it wrong. You are not appreciative of the loving spirit of jehovah's spiritual adjustment. You should say 'Thank you sir, may I have another?"

• ronin1
    ronin1

After reading all these posts, I will state this again as I did in an earlier post:

"WE should have heeded the counsel in the Bible from long ago........it's always been there :

Ps 56:11 -" In God I have put my trust. I shall not be afraid. What can earthling man do to me?".

Jer 7:4 - "Do not put your trust in fallacious words, saying, 'the temple of Jehovah, the temple of Jehovah, the temple of Jehovah they are".

Instead, many of us continued to listen to the diatribes and fallacies of the WTS ( not from God), their threats of disfellowshipment, destruction, etc. and allowed ourselves to be suckered into many untrue doctrines, rules, etc.

Thus we allowed ourselves to be dupped.and were dupped.

===================================================================================================

And I definitely understand many of the sentiments expressed. If anyone has had a chance to read Mein Kampt by Adolf Hitler and the "Nurenberg Trials"- you will understand the mentality of 'just following orders' and why that can be no excuse for any elder who professes or professed to be a true Christian and then get involved in the negative and non-Christlike actions that have taken place at BOE meetings and witch hunts, etc. Their BOE's meeting decisions destroyed lives of many families-never to be repaired. That is why so many on this site have no sympathy for COs and DOs, etc. now suffering and being put out to pasture by the WTS. Those Elders, CO's and DOs had no business 'just following orders' of men in lieu of Christ Jesus example and Gods' word the Bible.

Forgiveness is not easy for some. Let's just hope their not being able to forgive does not hinder them from progressing toward whatever positive goals they have set for themselves since leaving the BORG.

Ronin1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit