District Overseer put out to pasture with no $$$ - sad

by Dogpatch 167 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

Maybe he can write a tell all book like C of C. I'd buy a copy.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I am very disturbed to see your message. That came off of a private women's only website word for word. I think if this girl had known it was going to be broadcast further she never would have written that message.

Although you did not use her name, I know her very well and she would be outraged to know it went any further.

My point being a name was divulged which could be traced back to her. Please in the future, use your own words.

r.

• bavman
    bavman

Aw Geez...yeah I remember Don Emshoff. He seemed to be a good soul from what I could tell. He, along with a C.O. I had when I was about 18 probably had a lot to do with my taking the "troof" seriously. They seemed like they were going to be the future of the Watchtower (more liberal and compassionate). Looks like that was way off. The C.O. I mention died of a heart attack while driving his car and now I see ole Emshoff has gotten the hatchet. Sad indeed....

• under_believer
    under_believer
    I am very disturbed to see your message. That came off of a private women's only website word for word. I think if this girl had known it was going to be broadcast further she never would have written that message.

Although you did not use her name, I know her very well and she would be outraged to know it went any further.

My point being a name was divulged which could be traced back to her. Please in the future, use your own words.

r.

That's bogus. She posted it on the internet. She should understand the risks when she takes that step.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Some people do not understand those risks, and if you are posting on a site that cannot be googled or gotten into without joining I think a lot of people still feel there is some privacy. Especially when it is a small intimate group that contacts each other daily.

Personally I think there should be some degree of respect among members because of where they might be in their flight from the JW's. I am not saying don't repeat, just change it up a bit so it won't be recognized or traced to somewhere else unless the person says this is open to be broadcast in all forums.

Again, just my opinion.

r.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'm sure dogpatch would understand your concern. maybe send him a pm?

it is bad form to copy/paste a post verbatim from a private forum into a public forum. but at least her name and info wasnt posted with it.

it may have been emailed to randy by someone and he not even know its from a private venue.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Candidlynuts is correct.

I feel sorry for the guy, I would even help him out if I could, so sad.

Randy

• xjwms
    xjwms

Randy

You are so good about finding this things....

another reason to stay away from that org.....last week I told my mother that: "Satan is in control of the watchtower"

She raised her eyebrow like she has done for years......and said nothing.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Goodness, I don't think I ever thought of what happen to old Circuit or District Overseers when they got to old to do the job. I remember a very old Brother Bennett who had to be in his mid 70's back in the 1970's. Makes me wonder what became of him and his wife. They had no source of income or anything except what the Society gave them and the congregation. And no medical back then.

That is down right cruel of the Society not to take care of these old timers being put out to pasture. He needs to write a book heck I'd buy it.

Balsam

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Another fine example of that fine christian brotherly love those psycopaths shoved up our collective asses for all those years. I feel for the old fellow. There are some innocent ones that really thought they had the "truth".

All the more reason to spread the real word about the watchliar society and jehovers wickedness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit