District Overseer put out to pasture with no $$$ - sad

by Dogpatch 167 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Frank has it a little bit confused. As soon as a person stops being a jw and stops supporting the wt, wt karma (for lack of a better word, using it in a generic sense) drops off. The near worshipful attitude by some toward ray franz illustrates this.

S

• anewme
    anewme

I am glad to know this awful information.

Everyone should know it!

• LDH
    LDH
    Frank has it a little bit confused. As soon as a person stops being a jw and stops supporting the wt, wt karma (for lack of a better word, using it in a generic sense) drops off. The near worshipful attitude by some toward ray franz illustrates this.

Exactly.

Not to mention, we would be doing a DISservice to JWs if they were all going to think that out here in the world we all "agree" about things.

That is not real life. That is life in the made-up and pretend world of the JWs.

But let's not forget that many of such persons later became Christians, and their former "greedy behavior" wasn't held against them.

We're not talking about that either, Frank.

We're talking about whether the results of someone's intentional acts over a period of 50 years should be forgotten just because that person's situation has changed.

The results will not change. If you haven't saved a goddamned penny towards retirement as a JW faithful, and you leave the 'truth' at age 65, will you automatically get a fat 401K retirement account?

He is merely being paid his 'wages'--at the WT has proved to him how valuable 50 years of his life was to them. He ain't getting a g*d D@mn THING!

Wake up call.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

my whole point here; is that after of @40 yrs' of wt indoctrination . i never went out on f/s not once. NEVER. at the point i thought i it may be good to become a christian. and with a lot of jw pressure . i tested what was printed in the lasted wt mag's and no jw' i've known all these years could . ever back up what was printed in just a dozen or so mag's ie 1914 1918 . millions now living will never die etc. i couldn't find any of these books at the hall library. no jw ever read a single one of them BUT CALLED THEM TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! $HIT I HAd TO SPEND DAYS IN THE 42ND. STREET PUBLIC LIBRARY N.YC. TO FIND OUT THE WT , SAID THEN PYRAMIDS PROVED THE TIME OF THE END STATED IN 1776 1780 1798 1799 . the sky had fallen in 1829 , that the parable of the 10 virgins happened in 1844 with the false prophecy of the end of the word at that time. 1872, 1973-4 with jesus returning 30 years from 1843-4 how jesus returned in 1874 1875 1`876 1878 and had choosen russell as the fds in 1881 with the closing to heaven . i could type up wt SHIT straight from 1874 to 2006. what;s the point i never would knock on one persons door, unless i didn't the research for my self and proven every wt mag or book was truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would anyone like to buy the greatest vacuum cleaner ever.... john

• LDH
    LDH
    My boss and his wife are decent Christians. They never were JWs. They wouldn't harm a fly. But recently she gave birth to a baby boy with no anus, with a cleft palate and with Downs Syndrome. Is that what they deserve?

This has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

Ronin, well put.

As Frank acknowledges on his own webpage, the WT publications are their own worst enemy. NO ONE can say they didn't have the information.

Lisa

• LDH
    LDH
    the man may be very broken and might just be ready for a change of heart.

and that would be a wonderful thing, yes?

But as my mother used to say, that and $1 will get you coffee and a donut.

He's not going to miraculously create the assets needed to retire on.

And since he hasn't been paying into Social Security for 50 YEARS he can't count on that either!!!!

Lisa

Can you hear me now? Class

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Y'know what, folks? The kind of hatred being spewed here turns me off. End of discussion, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not even coming back to look at this thread. It's just too much. Bye, bye.

Frank

• LDH
    LDH

That's cool, I just hope you're not referring to me when you say hatred being spewed.

I'm spewing reality, and perhaps not in the way people like their reality served. (Through a pair of rose colored glasses.)

Always respected your posts and probably always will, even if I don't agree with them.

Lisa

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

there is so much garbage in this thread it is hard to know where to begin. a good place to start is to point out that this man is not an exjw. he is an ex overlord. he is still a jehovah's witness and i have not seen one thing that says he wants it to be any different.

the hypocrisy of the exelders on this board is the same as when they weren't exs. and you still don't understand why the r&f hate you. "we were all kind and compassionate when we were the borg's hired guns. blah, blah, blah." bullshit!!! we didn't believe you then and we don't believe you now!

willy,

your statement about dickhead elders on this forum is pure fantasy, religious belief or not. they are here, but just like the borg if you call them on being a dickhead all you get are threats and attempts at intimidation. it really is a sick world ya'll live in.

fjtoth,

you said---"going house to house for 50 years i never met anyone who offered a persuasive argument against wt teachings and practices"

i imagine you got a thunderous round of applause everytime you said this from the platform. what you didn't know, and wouldn't have cared about, is that there were a lot of people who were thinking--- "stupid twit. that's because for 50 years all you heard was your own voice repeating memorized scripture." you have to listen to an arguement before deciding on its validity. you weren't taught that were you?

as for your attempt to lay a guilt trip on those who don't feel empathy for this "...pitiful former district overseer..." you can take it and stick it where the sun don't shine. stupid doesn't live here anymore.

j2s

edited to add---bye bye frankie, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I find this thread interesting from a sociological standpoint. It occurs to me that some people leave the organization, but they do not cease exhibiting the Jehovah's Witness mentality. Most here are aware I am a practicing JW that does not believe 1914, FDS, etc. One of the things I despise about the vast majority of JWs is their arrogance, lack of compassion and judgemental attitude.

Pioneers have always seemed to me to be the most emotionally unstable individuals in the congregation. Most likely, because of low self-esteem, they can't seem to do enough for Jehovah to convice themselves that Jehovah likes them. They always seem angry because others are not living their lives like them, whether these people be inside or outside the congregation. If you transferred them to the workplace, they would be the 80 hour-a-week workoholics that get angry because everyone else 'isn't working as hard as them.'

As evidence by this thread, some people on this discussion board still have the "pioneer spirit."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit