Why do the majority of "newbies" disappear ???

by kid-A 74 Replies latest jw friends

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

hey sorry i used your pic lovesdubs

i want to change my name and my pic its along story so i wont go on

the reason i dont post much is i cant type that fast but ive been a"newbie" for about 2 years now

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Paranoia is one thing in my case but second I think my post stink most of the time and can learn more by reading others post I hope to be better able to contribute in the near future.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Hi leftbelow,

I think my posts stink pretty much too compared to other posters here,

I often reply with a variation of "me too" or "yep". And most topics I start are really basic questions, but you have to start somewhere,

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I was here before and lost my previous name (long story)(no, my name wasn't 'long story' you moron!) I would have appeared to be a Newbie who left

So actually I am a Re-tread, but we don't have a category for that.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Crank,

There is nothing wrong with a "yep' and "me too" around here, but start trying that at the W.T. Study and see what happens. You might just get "I just loved your insightful comment, Brother".

Warlock

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

LMAO!

So true,

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Sometimes you feel like discussing JW things, sometimes you don't. I go through phases of wanting to talk and phases of just trying to forget it all. I would say it's possible people come on here and expecting more than is on the board, they think talking to other ex-JW's will make them understand themselves more or something. Or they could just speak their mind on a few things then just move on.

• Warlock
    Warlock

"Alien Abductions"

Warlock

• proplog2
    proplog2

What is really strange are people who show up for a year. Reach about 5000 posts and then disappear.

• arwen
    arwen

Tomorrow, July 13 I will have been here one year! I was a newbie and very, nervous to post. I read the board every day and have got to know some personally. I was put down so much in my JW life that my comments are very hard to type out most of the time. I have to convince myself to post. I think the majority of the newbies are reading and posting every now and again. Maybe we could encourage them to post more. All posts welcome! I am glad I made that "baby step" last July. I have come a long way baby.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit