Recently Studied With JW's--need help breaking up

by Silvia Plath 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Silvia

Cant better what others have said. Wish I could of had such good advice 25 years ago.

BTW Welcome to JWD

Anglise

• freetosee
    freetosee

Welcome Silvia,

You’re lucky that you realize what JW faith is about so early. I am sure you can get your friend to start thinking out of the pattern that is put on newbie’s to this cult.

All the best to your efforts,

fts

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome Paul!

• nelly136
    nelly136

nice to meet you paul and sadie, btw nice name too sadie

• Ade
    Ade

Hi, You have my sympathy as theorizing that you are working against God if you leave or stop studying is an incredibly powerful mind controlling formulation of all MAN-MADE religions, i say this because religion is indeed man made. However those placing FAITH IN CHRIST and doing our utmost by our consciences and free will ( a gift given by God ) if they endure, are promised a place with God ( wherever that place may be is irrelevent - God may well at the end of the ages grant you heavenly life or an earthly one as you desire ).Nowhere in scripture may we find YHWH or Jesus saying you must be part of a man made organization!!! When Israel wanted a king , God Almighty was against this and was of the mind that FAITH ALONE should be enough. Jesus gave us a new law of LOVE and removed the mosaic law from us,Jesus also said his yoke would be kind and light, i fail to see how striving to hit the watchtower's unatainable goals is "lightly" following Jesus footsteps.Take your bible whichever one you have and read it at home IN CONTEXT Jesus your PERSONAL teacher will surely know that your heart is true and free you from bondage brought forth by an hierarchy of men. As mentioned by another member here, also get yourself a decent bible translation , Youngs literal , NASB , i have not read the king James revised and so cannot comment May God Almighty bless you and yours My families heart go out ot you and all like you who strive for a relationship God but are led astray by mens greed for power and money Ade

• Silvia Plath
    Silvia Plath

thanks everyone for your wonderful support! I spoke to Carol today and she steadfastly beleives in what she is doing and still thinks I will come around and as much as it pains me, I can't live a lie. I can't believe I almost fell for the classic cult swindle, and they used my own belief in a creator against me. I read the posts where people died during meetings and the meetings kept going, if the principal characteristic of a witness is love, then how could they do that? They love obediance to an organization, not to God. if they followed Ja who is love , they would think of a the hurting human being before them rather than complete obediance to the ORG. Its more like fascism than Christianity.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sylvia, you are on the right path. Just keep on it. Also, welcome all the new newbies visiting this thread! WoW!

• Highlander
    Highlander

Welcome Sylvia! Welcome to the other newbies on this thread.

You made a good decision Sylvia, I too was amazed and disgusted by the thread that discussed people dying at the kingdumb hall and the response from the congregation members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit