Firearms And Shooting...

by Justice-One 159 Replies latest social physical

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I have one...semi-automatic .30 caliber

Who made yours? Mine was made in 1942 by the Inland Division of GM. I wonder sometimes if it was used for its designed purpose in the name of freedom. Just think...one of those "Band Of Brothers" could have used this very one!

Man they are fun to shoot aren't they! I'm even going to use mine for deer hunting this year. Of course my shooting lane is well within the Carbines limitations.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I carry (CCW) as needed. Training and mindset are more important than anything. Being armed and knowing it (the bad guy doesnt) will keep you out of a lot of sh*it befor it happens.

I was out just this morning. I did a little shopping for the wife. Funny, no one seemed to mind the cocked and locked .45 under my jacket.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Really, I don't see why it matters to the Canadians and the English if Americans own guns. What's it to you? Planning an invasion?

Waahahahahahaha! That would be fun. We kick their butt's and be home in time for dinner. LOL. We wouldn't even have to give the uniformed armed forces a call.....in the USA, WE THE PEOPLE are the armed forces.

Ohh I forgot, they already tried that and it didn't work out to good for them.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

What about an M14/M1A? The M14 is what the guy in my avatar is carrying. I love my M14...as they say, "I don't need no teenage queen, all I need is my M14!" BTW, I also have more than 5000 rounds of ADI (Australian Defence Industries) 7.62x51 Mike Mike in my JASBORR. BTW, I can spell (for the most part) the Aussies use a C where we would use an S.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Obviously, gun related crimes go down. Does the homicide rate go up or down? The violent crime rate? Is there any change in the suicide rate?

You see, to a reasoning mind eliminating guns eliminates a MEANS to commit crimes, but also eliminates a MEANS to defend oneself. Grandma can pull the trigger on an six-foot-four inch tall attacker even if she can't whip out her knife and win a knife fight or fend off a length of two-by-four. Even a self-defense homicide is a homicide.

I am very proud of that figure you demonstrated, kid-A, because without comparable reductions in ALL homicides (whether by gun or not), and ALL violent crimes, and ALL suicide, you really haven't shown the correlation you claimed to show, but you have certainly shown there is SOME reason for such a significant number of deaths by gun in the US.

What reason do you imagine that is? How does the total deaths in the US per capita by violent crime or suicide stack up against the others on your list?

That is the correlation you promised, but you don't show it in context at all.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Below is how people like the Kid, see responsible gun owners....

Personally I never show my fangs.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Hey Kid.........

• undercover
    undercover
    Who made yours? Mine was made in 1942 by the Inland Division of GM. I wonder sometimes if it was used for its designed purpose in the name of freedom. Just think...one of those "Band Of Brothers" could have used this very one!

I don't know where mine originated from. It was my grandfather's and was given to me after he died. I rarely shoot it. I just keep it oiled and cleaned on the rack.

When I look at it, it does remind me of "the Greatest Generation" that fought in Europe and the Pacific during WWII.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I used to treat mine the same way. I had a really hard time getting past how much I had to send to Fulton Armory, to get them to send it to me. They really like their rifles if you know what I mean.

When I first got her, I broke her all the way down - except for the gas system - and treated her with Militec-One and CLP. I then put a little Tetra grease in the bolt roller area and locking lugs. She is about due to be taken down again, for spring cleaning so to speak, as it has been more than a year since I've looked under her stock. It has been routine cleaning only.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I used to treat mine the same way. I had a really hard time getting past how much I had to send to Fulton Armory, to get them to send it to me. They really like their rifles if you know what I mean.

When I first got her, I broke her all the way down - except for the gas system - and treated her with Militec-One and CLP. I then put a little Tetra grease in the bolt roller area and locking lugs. She is about due to be taken down again, for spring cleaning so to speak, as it has been more than a year since I've looked under her stock. It has been routine cleaning only.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit