Do you have nightmares about going back?

by Mysterious 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Anyone else ever have nightmares where they find themselves in a kingdom hall. I keep dreaming I came home and my mom laid out my clothes and just like a robot I put them on and go to the book study all the while thinking how it's wrong and I shouldn't be here but I can't stop myself.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yes, usually I am at a KH and peopleare trying to talk to me "encouragingly".
    The last one was me trying to cover up my lip ring so no one would notice and chewing gum that pulled my molar out.
    I have a lot of nightmares about my teeth. Usually stress related.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I have the occasional dream that I'm back in a kh again, and everyone is so glad to see me. It's so real sometimes that I wake up thinking what a fool I am to go back to that, then I realise it was only a dream, and breathe a sigh of relief.

• Dansk
    Dansk

NO! NEVER!!

Ian

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

You're lucky then Dansk. So bad to feel so much like a robot and not in control doing things like that.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Mysterious,

When Claire and I left the Borg we made new friends (and contacted old ones whom we hadn't spoken to for years due to the indoctrination - I apologised to them!). Claire and I read a lot, she mainly novels and me books on spirituality, such as Buddhism. I've found that having such interests leaves thoughts of Watchtower a million miles away, although coming here and reading some of the heart-breaking posts can bring certain thoughts back.

Best wishes,

Ian

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

The thing is though I dont dwell on them while I'm awake. I do many things they would shun me for without guilt. But I still have the nightmares.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Anyone else ever have nightmares where they find themselves in a kingdom hall.

Yes, but not in awhile.

But OMG...I had a dream the other night that I was out in service....And I was SO EMBARRASSED!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have nightmares of conversations arguing about the WTS. Steven Hassan mentions that this is normal and indicates a person has not moved on completely. If it continues councilling may be necessary.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have nightmares of conversations arguing about the WTS. Steven Hassan mentions that this is normal and indicates a person has not moved on completely. If it continues councilling may be necessary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit