Golden Age Goodies

by Leolaia 279 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

dilaceratus....I think this is very important research and definitely deserves its own thread...especially since this is an almost unknown aspect of Watchtower history. Would you mind starting a thread on this subject that distills some of this information together?

Meanwhile, I would like to return this thread on this page back to Golden Age goodies, and I have some more Golden Age excerpts to share with you all.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

GAG #21: ALUMINUM KILLS!!!!!

Text:

*** g33 10/11 p. 11 And Yet -- ***

Remarkable Recovery of Sight

"I WAS blind and couldn't work," said Ellen Williams, of Georgia. "My arms would fall dead at my side and my whole right side became useless. Two years ago I discarded my aluminum ware, and my eyesight has come back. I don't use glasses now and am regaining use of my body gradually. I am sixty-five years of age. Thanks to The Golden Age for this information."

How He Lost His Mother

"OH YES!" said Harry E. Childs, of Michigan, "we did have a fine set of aluminum cooking dishes. But never again; we dumped them all overboard. I will acknowledge that it hurt somewhat to see all that invested capital on the ash heap, and to have to start all over again. I have advertised aluminum poisoning well and widely, and we have spoiled the sale of a lot of it. My mother died of cancer. We are quite sure it was aluminum that caused it."

Cabbage a la Gall Stones

A SUBSCRIBER, Mrs. Mary E. Lovette, writes: "Our health is 99 percent better since discarding our aluminum ware. I had a sore throat continually, also stomach, bowel and bladder trouble. Often had to resort to pain pills. I nearly died from eating cabbage cooked in an aluminum kettle. The doctor was called at one o'clock at night and pronounced it 'gall stones'. For one week I was terribly ill; then put on a strict diet. Having discarded all aluminum ware, also alum baking powders, I am no longer on a diet and am getting much better."

• VM44
    VM44

These Golden Age anecdotal stories trying to link using aluminum cookware with illness are very weak indeed.

"My mother died of cancer. We are quite sure it was aluminum that caused it.".....This is supposed to convince one that aluminum was somehow the cause of the mother's cancer?

Woodworth only saw what he wanted to see, and believed only what he wanted to believe.

It is of interest to note that in the late 1940's Woodworth suffered from throat cancer and lost his ability to speak. He had to write notes to communicate with people.

I wonder how he explained the cause of his own cancer? It couldn't have been from using aluminum cookware, being opposed as he was to their use.

--VM44

• ray_omega
    ray_omega

Hi all! Does anybody know where I can find or download old "GA's" for 1910/20/30 etc. years?

• VM44
    VM44

I have heard that Research Applications International will be releasing a "Golden Age" CD set containing all the issues of the magazine.

Tentative releasae is sometime towards the end of this year.

--VM44

• toreador
    toreador

I see I need to make a copy of these scans to show some relatives.

• VM44
    VM44

btt

• VM44
    VM44

bttt

• chasson
    chasson

Here is the link to the Golden-Age of March 13, 1935. The first one of three explaining the so-called theocratic calendar. http://cchasson.free.fr/deposit/GA/Golden%20Age%2013%20March%201935.pdf Very funny Golden-Age !!! Bye Charles

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sorry, chasson. The link won't work. I think you will have to upload to somewhere like http://www.reexamine.info/00s/ or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit